Fajen Stock Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fajen Stock Question

Broncbuster
01-23-2010, 17:21
Anyone here used a Fajen Legacy Sniper style stock on a 10/22? I was looking at one a Bass Pro Shop. Looked good but curious if anyone has used one. I am debating on building a squirrel sniper or a scout rifle wanna be.

http://www.battenfeldtechnologies.com/fajen/catalog.asp?ShowLarge=adjustable-ruger-10/22-stock

The Curmudgeon
01-24-2010, 16:21
I read some things about this stock before I bought mine. Some of the folks said that you had better have big hands to use this stock and that is true! The thumbhole trapped my thumb with no room to reposition and my trigger finger felt like it had to stretch a mile to reach the trigger.

So.... what I did was to cut the top of the thumbhole out and sand down the grip. It is still a work in progress and I have some more sanding to do, but I am really happy with it now. I can position my hand in a more natural position for me to comfortably reach the trigger. It is way more functional and kind of looks like a wannabe sniper/tactical/whatever rifle. The bottom of the thumbhole is quite sturdy and rigid. It is more than enough to support and attach front and rear of the stock together. The stock is a heavy stock and even with the top of the thumbhole removed, there is no flexing in the stock.

I am going to try and epoxy finger ridges on the grip and then repaint the whole thing. I would like to try to paint it a sand color and then do the spider-webbing in black. I have never attempted anything like that, but what the heck?

ROGER4314
02-05-2010, 00:42
I built three rifles using the Fajen Legacy stock. I have huge (XXXL) hands and the stock works perfectly for me. Sorry, I couldn't say how a smaller person would fit it.

I especially like the adjustable cheek piece so I can adjust the height based upon the scope position. I've never shot a 10-22 that fit me until I bought that stock. The butt pad is adjustable for length, angle and height, too.

Another observation is that most of the hoard of 10-22 aftermarket stocks are made like toys. The Legacy stock is more related to a serious target stock.

The stock works with the 10-22 non floated type of mount. In the 10-22, the barrel rests on the forward end of the stock. The .920" diameter barrel is so massive that I never felt that floating it was necessary.

On my last Legacy, the stock bolt mounting hole didn't line up well. A few careful minutes with a Dremel will fix that. Midway has that information in an online post authored by me.

The Legacy stock has been on sale for as little as $80 at Cabelas or Midway. Watch the sales and the stock can be had for a bargain price.

Flash