Well, that's different... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Well, that's different...

rvrctyrngr
01-23-2010, 20:44
Sooooooo....I picked up an SA Loaded a couple of months back..about 700 rounds through it. No issues.

Hadn't been real happy with the trigger, as it seemed overly heavy, and kind of mushy at the break.

So I gave it to my gunsmith friend to take a look at and see what he could do with not a lot of effort.

He calls me that evening to tell me the internal parts of the trigger were PARKERIZED! :alex: and was breaking at about 8.5 lbs! :alex: He cleaned it all off and polished everything. It's now a very clear 5.5lbs with no creep or overtravel. I know that's heavier than most of ya'll like, but it works for me.

In almost 30 years of playing with guns, I've never seen the internals of anything parkerized.

Is this a normal thing for SA? Ya'll ever seen that before?

faawrenchbndr
01-23-2010, 20:55
Safe to assume you bought this new?

rvrctyrngr
01-23-2010, 21:03
Second owner...but it was barely used...previous owner hadn't touched it. Of that, I'm certain.

Jim S.
01-23-2010, 21:10
I've never heard or seen an internal part that was coated with anything.
Was it the trigger bow? Disconnector and sear? Hammer?
Anyone else notice this on their S.A. Loaded, or any other model?

rvrctyrngr
01-23-2010, 21:20
Just the trigger bow, Jim. All other parts are normal.

Jim S.
01-24-2010, 07:40
At least it was easy to fix.

bac1023
01-24-2010, 08:39
Glad you got it sorted out.

Jim S.
01-24-2010, 10:21
I used to polish the trigger bows at one time. I don't get into that much detail anymore.
I've found that I don't need a 3 lb. trigger that is as smooth as a babies butt.
I'm older and I'm not looking to shoot a dragon fly in the eye as it goes by me anymore.
Hell, I can't even see them anymore!!!