Reloading price increases @ local gun store [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reloading price increases @ local gun store

shineybore
01-24-2010, 00:46
I went to my local gun shop today to replinish my reloading stock I just depleted. Last week I stopped in after work to make sure they had what I needed. Plenty of stock on hand. So today I went to do some man shopping. Well I left pis*ed off and empty handed. Last week a pound of Reloader 10 was 18.95 today it was 28.95. 1000 cci primers last week 32.95 today 49.95. I asked the owner what the hell happend since last week? He said " Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I can't get my hands on anymore reloading supplies. My suppliers are only selling to companies who buy in bulk." He had at least 10 1 lb containers of the one I wanted RL10. His shelves were full of powder and primers of various manufacturers. I planned on buying 5 1lb containers and 3 boxes(1000) of the cci primers. Well not at those prices. I guess since the stock market went down last week reloading prices went up. I'm checking into buying online now. That is such a huge jump in one week.

robin303
01-24-2010, 02:33
I spent 3 days on the web looking for stuff. All I see 99.9% of the time is Out Of Stock. Back Order OK. I'm happy to get a few thousand primers and a lb of powder.

sourdough44
01-24-2010, 05:07
I can do primers at $35 but not any higher. I'd look elsewhere local or mailorder.

dwhite53
01-24-2010, 07:33
+1 Sourdough

Then go back and show him the receipt.

All the Best,
D. White

oldsoldier
01-24-2010, 08:39
Try here. http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/ Don't forget to add in the hazmat fee and shipping to determine if it is cheaper than local. My local dealer is selling CCI primers for $25.50 per 1K. Most powders are $16.95 to $18.95 per lb. He told me that new stock coming in will be more expensive because the distributors raised prices. Powders will average about $20 per lb or a little more. He doesn't know on the primers yet. I save up and order from Powder Valley in large enough amounts to save a lot of money.

shotgunred
01-24-2010, 10:55
I have two local dealers that sell primers. one at $34 and one at $40 guess which I buy at?

I also keep 10K primers and 20lbs of powder in emergency use only pile. That way I could suck it up quite a while if I had to. But I didn't even have to dip into it in the last year.

marchboom
01-24-2010, 15:25
I went to my local gun shop today to replinish my reloading stock I just depleted. Last week I stopped in after work to make sure they had what I needed. Plenty of stock on hand. So today I went to do some man shopping. Well I left pis*ed off and empty handed. Last week a pound of Reloader 10 was 18.95 today it was 28.95. 1000 cci primers last week 32.95 today 49.95. I asked the owner what the hell happend since last week? He said " Maaaaaaaaaaaaan I can't get my hands on anymore reloading supplies. My suppliers are only selling to companies who buy in bulk." He had at least 10 1 lb containers of the one I wanted RL10. His shelves were full of powder and primers of various manufacturers. I planned on buying 5 1lb containers and 3 boxes(1000) of the cci primers. Well not at those prices. I guess since the stock market went down last week reloading prices went up. I'm checking into buying online now. That is such a huge jump in one week.

Could his gouging be anymore obvious? Tell him to buy his supplies at Powder Valley. He could still make a profit. But increasing those components that much is a sure sign that he wants to go out of business...and deserves to.

And we can thank the obama syndicate for this problem.

ignantmike
01-24-2010, 18:25
cheapest primers around me....WLPP 39.99 1k......:crying:

GlockMonk
01-24-2010, 18:35
cheapest primers around me....WLPP 39.99 1k......:crying:

You should see my local dealer's price then, $51.99 for a brick of WLPP. And no, it's not flying off the shelf, I wonder why :upeyes:

GlockMonk

Randy from Kansas
01-24-2010, 19:02
At Ace Hardware the CCI primers are $3.18 a box limit 3. I have not been buying because I still have quite a few on the shelves. Ace had all types in stock except large pistol. guess I can't complain

kshutt
01-24-2010, 19:33
Since Sportsman's Warehouse closed in north Oklahoma City, I've been lost on where to buy reloading components. I just recently discovered, however, that H&H Gun Range in Oklahoma City has a new section dedicated to reloading. I bought 2,000 Federal 150 large pistol match primers and a pound of Winchester 231. The bill was a little over $100.00.

PCJim
01-24-2010, 22:28
My son is in town (yeah!). Took him and a friend to the local gunshow today. Considering that most everything at these shows is a bit over priced, I did see one vendor selling primers there for $40/K. Although it wasn't too bad a price, it made me very glad that I had stocked up well in advance of the shortage.