model 27 problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : model 27 problem

olympicmotors
01-24-2010, 14:23
I have a problem with my model 27. I have only had it about 6 months and run about 800 rounds through it. with about 500 rounds through it the recoil spring jumped the lip on the guide rod and locked the weapon up completely. I took it to a gunsmith at a gunshow and he sold me an uncaptured rod and spring assembly( all steel) with a 20 lb spring which he said would be better for a 40 cal.

before then I had no issues with it whatsoever. after replacing the spring assembly however I am now having a few failure to feeds with cheap wal-mart ammo ( federal fmj fn 180 grain ). I use 165 grain speer gold dots for my carry ammo and have had no problems with them but I have only run about 30 rounds of them through it. I also believe it is only one of the magazines I use that has this failure to feed issue.

Is this a magazine problem? A too stiff recoil spring problem? A cheap flat nose ammo problem? Or something else?

I love this gun but I am a little dissappointed and am a little concerned it is not functioning 100 percent if I have to trust my life to it.

vmann
01-24-2010, 17:17
put your stock sping back in and shoot the same ammo you were having problems with...i use that federal practice ammo all the time with no issues in my 23 and 27 at all...aside from the fact that my pistol will get pretty dirty with that ammo vrs wwb...