Georgia Arms 10mm ammo available [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Arms 10mm ammo available

rd3
01-24-2010, 14:51
I've been waiting and last week on Friday I called and they were running some 180 grain 10mm in new brass. I ordered last Friday, 1000 rounds, and got them the follow Friday, day before yesterday. It was $420 shipped to my door in a military ammo can. not bad, now I can shoot away. Just thought someone else might want to know that have some, or at least did.

glocknick
01-24-2010, 14:57
i really liked their ammo but since i started relaoding i havent bought any 10mm ammo. i probably will again so i can replinish my brass stash since the use starline brass

BKG-22
01-24-2010, 15:29
Thanks for the info. I sent them an e-mail early last week looking for ETA on 10mm ammo and they never replied. So I was very hesitant to place any order with them. I may call them tomorrow and get some coming.

Thanks for the heads up!

rd3
01-24-2010, 16:20
I had been waiting on an email reply as well but didn't get one, thats why I called.

Waterfowler
01-24-2010, 16:49
Great news, I am glad someone is scoring some reasonably priced 10mm ammo. I went with Freakshow, they have better prices and ballistics than GA, but I have been waiting since the 1st week of November. :frown:

Normally I wouldn't be concerned but they took a rather large .223 order over at CalGuns, and the people over there are starting to make rumblings about ship dates.

Morley Menthols
01-24-2010, 17:05
Last weekend I went to the Raleigh, NC gun show at the fairgrounds. Georgia Arms was there and I purchased some 10mm product #G10B in the 50 round bags. The man at the table told me that the ammo had come off the production line the Thursday before the show. I thought the $21.50 per bag was very reasonable compared to other manufacturers prices.

rd3
01-24-2010, 17:56
Great news, I am glad someone is scoring some reasonably priced 10mm ammo. I went with Freakshow, they have better prices and ballistics than GA, but I have been waiting since the 1st week of November. :frown:

Normally I wouldn't be concerned but they took a rather large .223 order over at CalGuns, and the people over there are starting to make rumblings about ship dates.

I've been waiting to try some from freakshow as well. I was watching them both and grabbed the first one that had it available. I'll keep checking freakshow since I hear it shoots good as well.

JMarch
01-24-2010, 19:57
I ordered 150 rounds of 10mm from GA on the 3rd of October and it still hasn't shipped. =/

527varmint
01-24-2010, 23:19
I hear freakshow is just having a hard time getting components. I hear he is a good guy and plan to order from them. I have too many new guns to play with so I don't care if it takes a few months. I have to 3 new rifles and a shotgun I got to put a few thousand rounds thru. :wow:

DarkBlade1000RR
01-25-2010, 12:06
I just purchased 500 rds of 10mm and 500 rds of .45ACP from Georgia Arms....still no luck in finding decent .357sig though...bummer...:dunno:

Excellent service from Alan at Georgia Arms..stated that my order will ship today or tomorrow!!:woohoo::2gun:

gatorboy
01-26-2010, 21:01
Ordered from Freakshow Nov. 15th. My CC was charged that day and I'm still waiting. I called and left a message over two weeks ago and have not received a return call. I really did'nt want to lend a stranger $200 for three months. I'm not happy.

Waterfowler
01-26-2010, 21:42
Strap in and get ready for a wait gatorboy. I have two orders, one on 11/6(#644) and another on 11/13(#653), I am waiting for. He replied to an email from me a month ago that he was waiting on a Starline brass shipment for the 10mm orders. Just for chits and giggles I ordered 2k cases of 10mm brass from Starline yesterday with an expected ship date of 2/15, so it should be interesting to see when he gets his in. Then again one guy on CalGuns actually sent FreakShow Mfg his own brand new Starline brass back in November too and he hasn't got his ammo(or brass/refund) back either.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=175196&page=3

To make matters worse he just took a 45k .223 group buy order, and the same week both his employees left and one of his reloaders took a crapper. So he is going to be overwhelmed for a while. His 10mm is by far the best combination of price and ballistics out there, I just didn't know I'd be in for a ride like this. I hope he gets things together and doesn't stress him and his family out so bad it affects his business.

Personally I will wait for the ammo. If you check some of the other forums, there are some people that canceled their orders from as far back as Nov 2008 that are still waiting for their refunds from FreakShow. And the website clearly stated that the ammo was going to take a while to ship, up to 6 weeks I think. I believe the best thing to do is wait for at least another month before getting too excited.

I am already past the 60 days I can dispute the charge with my credit card company anyways, so it looks like I am completely at his mercy just like you gatorboy. I am still optimistic things will work out for everyone involved! :drunk:

gatorboy
01-27-2010, 11:08
Thanks for the info. Waterfowler. I was'nt planning on asking for a refund, I want my ammo! I'm confident if he does'nt come through with a refund or ammo my CC Co. will take care of me. I've been with them since I was 16 and have used it on well over $100,000 of purchases since then (and paid them back!). They like me a lot. Good luck to you and if you want to keep this out of the publics' eye for now feel free to P.M.

TKM
01-27-2010, 11:25
Took almost a year for my little adventure to come to an end.

You may as well get some Snickers. It's gonna be a while.

the iceman
01-27-2010, 12:56
What the hell?!?

I have 10mm orders from last summer that have yet to be filled by Georgia Arms.

gatorboy
01-28-2010, 18:07
What the hell?!?

I remember a few companies saying they were'nt taking orders any longer until they caught up but it sounds like you were forgotten. They are nice folks up there and I think a polite call to remind them of you could have your ammo to your door soon. Good luck.

BKG-22
02-02-2010, 20:01
I ordered my 180g 10mm FMJ & JHP ammo last Tuesday from GA and it was delivered to my door TODAY :wow: No muss, no fuss. I called Kathy on Friday as I saw my credit card had been charged and she promptly sent me my UPS tracking number.

I am very pleased to say the least. Now how do I count this stuff? All the FMJ is loose packed in an ammo can :whistling: :supergrin:

Waterfowler
02-03-2010, 01:30
I went ahead and ordered 2000 rounds from The Hunting Shack. Their 10mm reloads are $301.95/1000. It's a 6-8 month wait but they don't charge your credit card until they ship.

seaswol
02-06-2010, 18:49
What the hell?!?

Better check that the order did not get lost. Today, February 6, at the gun show in Pensacola, FL, GA had at least 2 500 round, ammo cans of "new" manufacturer 10mm and at least 20 bags of 50 rounds "new" manufacturer ammo. Their reloaded 45 GAP is $17.50 for 50 and new 45ACP manufacturer $200 for 500 rounds in an ammo can.

Chris

crazyrec12
02-09-2010, 17:07
So I was wondering how the GA ammo felt, is it a full load like doubletap or a juiced up .40 ? Any feedback would be helpful.

seaswol
02-09-2010, 21:24
So I was wondering how the GA ammo felt, is it a full load like doubletap or a juiced up .40 ? Any feedback would be helpful.

It is good practice ammo that slowly builds up my pile of brass to eventually reload. Is is not Double Tap ammo and since I don't shoot .40 not sure if it feels juiced up.
Chris

cowboywannabe
02-10-2010, 08:28
GA's ballistics show their 10mm ammo to be a mid powered load. i guess thats ok if you cant find local stuff.

leadslinger13
02-10-2010, 18:29
I would have to say that the GA 10mm is not full house like DT but has a slightly more significant shock wave to shooter, snappier recoil than the 40 out of 20 with conversion barrel. The 40 feels super mild with wieght of the 20 slide. hope this helps.

PBRLite
02-11-2010, 07:01
All this talk about 10mm ammo......think I'll make a pot of coffee and head down to the basement to load up a couple hundred rounds on the ol' reloader.

s0nspark
02-12-2010, 08:49
*sigh*

I've had an order for a case of 10mm in since last August and have emailed several times to check on the status... I've even tried adjusting my order (165/180gr, FMJ/JHP) for what they thought they'd have ready to load sooner but I am still waiting...

I don't mind having to wait a bit. 5 months though? Especially when others order and get product in the space of a week or two? Yeah, that does bug me.

I do like their ammo, though, and as long as I can grab some at the gun shows to tide me over I can cope with the wait I suppose.

This just reaffirms that I need to get started handloading...

Taterhead
02-12-2010, 18:22
*sigh*

This just reaffirms that I need to get started handloading...

Yep. You'll break even on cost pretty quickly. Plus it is fun. Get a good reloading manual or two then jump over to the 10mm reloading forum for a lot of great support and information.

s0nspark
02-12-2010, 18:27
Yep. You'll break even on cost pretty quickly. Plus it is fun. Get a good reloading manual or two then jump over to the 10mm reloading forum for a lot of great support and information.

Well, the biggest question I have yet to answer is whether to go cheap to start or to save a bit longer and get a progressive press... thoughts?

Taterhead
02-12-2010, 18:38
Well, the biggest question I have yet to answer is whether to go cheap to start or to save a bit longer and get a progressive press... thoughts?

You'll get varying opinions. Some folks will say go all the way to a Dillon progressive setup. I suggest that you go with a good single stager to get started. Learn lots and then move up to a progressive later - if you decide you need the extra production capability. You could go with a nice starter package like the RCBS Rock Chucker Supreme kit. It is a nice press and a lot of the essential goodies. Add 10mm dies and a shell holder, and you are on your way. I think I noticed that MidwayUSA had the kit on sale. I've also noticed some ads for RCBS rebates running around.

In addition to the kit, you'd want to get a set of calipers and a powder trickler. Eventually you'll want to buy a tumbler of some sort but not necessary to get started.

To add a bit of math, my target re-loads cost about $18/100. Premium loads in virgin brass are about $45 per hundred. Compared to a box of 20 Buffalo Bore @ $26, there are huge savings.