CMC 10 round Power mags + ??? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CMC 10 round Power mags + ???

tango44
01-24-2010, 14:16
Hi does anyone have experience with the CMC Power mags + ???
I noticed that CMC now offers Power mags +, what's the difference with the normal Power mags?
The follower is different and the new type does not rubs against the feed ramp, this is good for the lightweight frames, any other differences?

I'm planning on get some of these but I would like to hear your comments and opinions first.
Thank you.

sigpro357
01-24-2010, 18:15
I think the power mags have the heavier duty spring in them. I have some of the 10 rounder CMC mags for my Springfield Loaded. They work flawless, and are great for shooting matches.

M1A Shooter
01-24-2010, 18:18
i have one that i carry as my spare mag when carrying concealed. it has been great so far. my other mags are wilson combat 47Ds

Bowtie
01-24-2010, 18:56
I use them and love em..

KiloBravo
01-24-2010, 19:00
I use them and love em..

Ditto! I feel the same about them as well. :wavey:

maxniman
01-25-2010, 18:46
Ditto! I feel the same about them as well. :wavey:

+1, I use them in my Gold Cup and DW CBOB

tlen
01-25-2010, 19:14
Midway has them on sale now for $23.99........

tango44
01-26-2010, 09:46
But what about the Power mags PLUS have you seen those?

POWER MAGS PLUS:
http://www.cmctactical.com/powermagsplus_16_ctg.html

power mags normals:
http://www.cmctactical.com/powermags_15_ctg.html

Fire_Medic
01-26-2010, 10:04
I have used the power mags in the past and they feed smooth as butter, no issues with them. Will be getting a couple more soon for my SA Mil spec.

As for the difference between the two, here's the email response I got from them when inquiring about the differences:

The main difference between the Power Mag and the Power Plus mags is in the follower design. Of course, once you begin with a truly high quality magazine tube (which only a few out of the dozens of 1911 magazine manufacturers actually have) the main difference in the various brands is the follower, and the level of reliable function it yields. The Power Plus follower is such that it is more stabilized and remains within the confines of the magazine tube. The Power Mag follower jumps forward at the point of engagement to the slide stop, yielding the most positive engagement possible as compared to any other follower design in use today. Over the years our many federal law enforcement and military special ops customers have informed us that they are not only extremely concerned with feeding, but also reliable slide lock upon last shot fired (notifying weapon empty). Both Power series lines are known to excel in these areas. The two follower designs accomplish the tasks in different ways. Since in some cases the original Power Mag follower can make contact with the pistol receiver and the Power Plus cannot. for pistols with aluminum frames we recommend the Power Plus series mags.

The new 2010 Power Mag Plus series magazines are were introduced to the public on January 19, 2010. We're certain it's our best 1911 magazine ever. Although our website may not yet be updated with all the information about the new Power Mag Plus mags, we can send you a new 2010 catalog with full information and details about the new 2010 Power Plus series of 1911 magazines.

Thanks for contacting CMC Tech Support!

tango44
01-26-2010, 16:39
Thanks a lot Fire_Medic that's very useful info and looks like I may order 3 PowerMags + for my 1911's!

Thank you.

Fire_Medic
01-26-2010, 16:54
Thanks a lot Fire_Medic that's very useful info and looks like I may order 3 PowerMags + for my 1911's!

Thank you.

Not a problem, I'm getting a free catalog for inquiring on a question I also wanted to know the answer to anyways. :supergrin: