USMC Kabar short knife [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : USMC Kabar short knife

Idontplaynice
01-24-2010, 14:32
Does anyone have one? I found one at the pawn shop the other day. The 5-1/4" blade allows it to be just short enough to be carried in the state of Texas. It's a slim, straight knife with plain edge. Sharp as hell. I was thinking it would make a great fixed-blade knife for carry, especially strapped to your calf inside the pant leg. I just need to find a smaller sheath for it. Any suggestions?

Link (http://www.shopkabarknives.com/5669_1250_Ka-Bar_USMC_Fighting_Short_Serrated_Edge_with_Leather_Sheath.html)

dberry
01-25-2010, 19:18
I had one once and liked the size of the knife but I could not find any optional sheaths but I did not look too hard. If worse came to worse you could make yourself a simple sheath. I had to modify my SOG Seal Pup's kydex sheath to carry it.

Mr. Blandings
01-26-2010, 15:38
Most factory made knives come with sheaths that are acceptable for field use, but sorely lacking for concealed carry purposes. Sometimes you may be able to modify the factory sheath, but usually it would be better to have a new sheath made by a sheathmaker that understands what you want.

mitchshrader
01-26-2010, 19:23
I *think* that knife is approximately the size and shape of the USAF Pilots Survival knife, IIRC. That doesn't fit my definition of small and light, but maybe the KaBar is lighter stock. I'm surprised to hear it, as I always thought of KaBars as extremely sturdy.

mesteve2
01-30-2010, 15:59
I have 2 new ones. If you want to see them. contact me.