New Kahr MK40 owner! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Kahr MK40 owner!

modestglock26
01-24-2010, 19:03
Dang this thing is compact!

I normally carry a G27 and got a decent deal on a trade today for a guitar I wasn't using, which landed me a clean MK40 with nightsights, case, 2 mags, ammo and a IWB Don Hume.

I'm liking the simplicity and clean lines of the MK and the size is a nice break from always having to carry a Glock.

No pics yet but just thought I would stop in and say HI!

Any other MK40 fanboys?

powernoodle
01-25-2010, 09:31
I'm thinking about adding an MK40 to my arsenal, but also like the MK9 and P380. Already have a PM9 and P9 that I am very happy with. I've pretty much gravitated to pocket carry only for the past few years. I need to read up on the MK40, especially as it relates to reliability.

scrapperid
01-31-2010, 20:32
I've had a pm 9 since April and an mk 40 since July. Won't part with either one as not a hitch with either and probably ~6-800 rounds thru each. The lightness and thinness of the pm9 make easy pocket carry in the summer (about all I do) But the 40 is a manstopper and with them wood grips she is my baby even if they thicken it a bit.
Wayne

modestglock26
02-16-2010, 17:16
Took my MK40 to the range with the wife on Vday...it shoots amazingly. So accurate for such a small gun.

I would definitely put this on my keeper list.

riddleofsteel
02-17-2010, 20:40
I have owned a K40 and a MK40 Kahr. I packed both at one time or another and both were fantastic guns.

Then I had a chance to pick up a K40 Covert. It has the shorter grip of the MK and the longer slide of the K40. In short the best of both models.

I love the shorter grip for its ease of concealment, something you have already found out. I prefer a belt holster to carry my Kahrs.