Only in america...really? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Only in america...really?

theTactician
01-24-2010, 20:43
I happened to see this website...

Buy a truck, get a free AK47
2009 July 22
by Brian Wagstaffe

Self Defense American Style?
Only in America.

Max Motors in Kansas is giving away a free AK47 to every customer who buys a new pickup truck. No need to worry, they won’t be shooting them off as they leave the dealership because they are only going to get a voucher for the AK47. They have to go pick the gun up at a licensed gun store….phew!

Apparently there is a big crime problem that community, so last year they gave away free handguns with every purchase. Anybody else seeing a connection between lots of crime and giving away guns? I’d love to hear the reasoning as to why they felt people needed an AK47 of all guns to defend themselves, I mean talk about overkill.

is there any truth to this? wow, i mean, i'd consider living in kansas if it were true. free ak's? thats a good bargain. hehehe.:supergrin:

Black_SIR
01-24-2010, 20:54
wow!!!!!!!!! makabili na nga!!!!!!!!!!

1faSStchevy
01-24-2010, 21:01
I bet I could bargain an AK, 12ga, 1911 and a new Glock. Wounder what kind of trade ins they take?

PMMA97
01-24-2010, 21:21
Michael Moore made a "documentary" on a bank that gives away rifles to new customers.

The movie was edited to the point that it was almost believable.

markieboy
01-24-2010, 22:09
is there any truth to this? wow, i mean, i'd consider living in kansas if it were true. free ak's? thats a good bargain. hehehe.:supergrin:

Well, nothing is life is "free." Did they say what kind of AK-47 they were "giving away?" A Romanian WASR-10 can be had for $400, a low-cap WASR-10 for $300. Pretty cheap! So...I can see some dealerships enticing a sale by offering a "free" AK-47 rifle. Nice gimmick, though. Hehehe.

OP, so you're in California now, but you're moving to Chicago soon? Wow, you really need to move to a more gun-friendly state!

theTactician
01-24-2010, 23:05
Well, nothing is life is "free." Did they say what kind of AK-47 they were "giving away?" A Romanian WASR-10 can be had for $400, a low-cap WASR-10 for $300. Pretty cheap! So...I can see some dealerships enticing a sale by offering a "free" AK-47 rifle. Nice gimmick, though. Hehehe.

OP, so you're in California now, but you're moving to Chicago soon? Wow, you really need to move to a more gun-friendly state!

nope, they didnt mention what kind of ak though. but still, its a good deal. hehehe.

jimbullet
01-25-2010, 02:12
Surely its cost is imbedded somewhere. But hey, its still a free AK, which if I were in the market for a new car and was in that state, why not.

I wonder if this is going to be adopted in our local Phil. car dealers soon

ampao
01-26-2010, 19:16
airsoft perhaps?