Rock River LAR .40 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rock River LAR .40

D.S.Brown
01-25-2010, 05:57
So I'm browsing the Rock River website and I see that this is finally available. I'm interested in thoughts on:

-Pistol caliber AR carbines, (who owns them, their utility, what do you use them for in your battery)?

-Overall impression of Rock River products.

Depending upon availability of mags I will likely get this gun. I am a standardization geek and having an AR in .40 caliber to match my Glocks is HIGHLY appealing to me.

Thanks for your input.

Best,

Dave

Resqu2
01-25-2010, 06:56
=Overall impression of Rock River products.

Love my RRA Entry/Tactical but that is about all I can add to your question. :wavey:

Tederrific
01-25-2010, 07:23
I can't seem to find much information on the details of these on their site... What mags do these take and can they just go on a normal 5.56 lower??

striker6126
01-25-2010, 14:17
I can't seem to find much information on the details of these on their site... What mags do these take and can they just go on a normal 5.56 lower??

Just spoke with RRA and they said they used the same mag block conversion as the lar 9 but the lar 40 magazines will be arriving later this year.

It will be compatibale with any standard lower .

The upper is not in stock and they do not have a date for their arrival.

wingsprint
01-26-2010, 04:33
My overall impression of Rock River products-

Very good quality, accurate and value for the price. While it might not have the words "Colt", "LMT" or "BCM" stamped on it, over the last three years with regular trips to the range and four carbine courses through my RRA it has never skipped a beat. You cannot ask for much more than that.

wellcraft
01-26-2010, 17:26
olyarms makes ar15's in 9mm, 40 cal, 45 and 10mm if you don't want to wait andneed to buy on now. i believe the olyarms rifles all take glock mags but i'm not 100% sure.

Range Rat
01-26-2010, 19:41
My RRA NM4 has been quite accurate and reliable. I haven't been disappointed at all.

Alaskapopo
01-27-2010, 04:11
My overall impression of Rock River products-

Very good quality, accurate and value for the price. While it might not have the words "Colt", "LMT" or "BCM" stamped on it, over the last three years with regular trips to the range and four carbine courses through my RRA it has never skipped a beat. You cannot ask for much more than that.

The RRA 9mm I owned was the most finicky AR I have ever shot. Took a lot of tweaks to get it running. I would pass.
Pat