Sigforum.com [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sigforum.com

Wade-19
01-25-2010, 06:07
How the heck do you get an account on that forum. I have been trying to join, but it won't accept my aol address, my Yahoo address. or my G-mail address as valid to join the site. What freakin addresses are acceptable ?

Dandapani
01-25-2010, 06:19
You must use an ISP or work email address to sign up. Freemails are rejected. You can change it later.

redstar
01-30-2010, 20:08
I have been waiting 1 month for my account to be formally approved, which is done by a moderator, but there forum is a much slower joining process.

jcs71
01-31-2010, 13:30
I am pretty sure it has been alot longer than a month for me.

trover
02-04-2010, 02:45
They've been backed up for several days. One of the owners mentioned this, I believe. It's worth the wait.

01GlockFan
02-06-2010, 16:36
A few months ago, I used my work e-mail account and got right in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra64
02-07-2010, 22:13
They've been backed up for several days. One of the owners mentioned this, I believe. It's worth the wait.

Here ya go: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/8660011002/p/14

Read LBJ's post at 9:07pm.

wingspar
02-07-2010, 23:04
I registered for the Sig forum on Jan 15. Took two weeks to get email address approved, and Iíve heard nothing since. They do not answer emails sent to ďContact UsĒ link at the bottom of their forum. Iíve never seen anything like this, and Iíve been a member of many forums over the years. There is this thread on the Sig Forum that explains (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/9810068002) some of the problems they are having. A member on another forum started a thread about my problems, but it died in short order. Itís a little frustrating, and by the time I get approved, if ever, I will have taken possession of my first Sig, and have several hundred rounds thru it without ever getting the chance to discuss my purchase over there.

Cobra64
02-09-2010, 02:55
I registered for the Sig forum on Jan 15. Took two weeks to get email address approved, and I’ve heard nothing since. They do not answer emails sent to “Contact Us” link at the bottom of their forum. I’ve never seen anything like this, and I’ve been a member of many forums over the years. There is this thread on the Sig Forum that explains (http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/9810068002) some of the problems they are having. A member on another forum started a thread about my problems, but it died in short order. It’s a little frustrating, and by the time I get approved, if ever, I will have taken possession of my first Sig, and have several hundred rounds thru it without ever getting the chance to discuss my purchase over there.

wingspar
02-09-2010, 12:31

Iíve seen that thread, but it looked like a slew of new members posting, so I tried logging in, and to my amazement, it worked. It says Iím registered as of Jan 15, but it was today, Feb 9 that I was actually able to log in.

Cobra64
02-09-2010, 13:12
Iíve seen that thread, but it looked like a slew of new members posting, so I tried logging in, and to my amazement, it worked. It says Iím registered as of Jan 15, but it was today, Feb 9 that I was actually able to log in.

Congrats on finally getting your membership "approved."

oily_oink
02-09-2010, 19:54

At least someone got in! I've been waiting since Jan. 6th for approval. I sent them an email about 5 days ago & now I get nothing when trying to log in. Like I never tried joining or something! So, three days ago I send them another email. Still No reply! :faint:

jcs71
02-10-2010, 11:15
Man I finally got in last night. After I signed in, I was too tired to do anything over there. Go figure huh.

wingspar
02-10-2010, 12:10

Thanks. Getting an email notification from the Sig forum every time someone replies to a thread, whether you are signed on or not sure makes for a cluttered inbox. Some strange software they use, but it seems like a good group of people. A lot of the same people I see on other forums.

Oily_oink... I doubt you will Ever get a reply to your emails. You could try registering again, and if you are in the system, as you should be, you will get an error message telling you that your user name and email are already in use. You are aware that they will not except email addresses such as Yahoo, gmail, and so on? You should get approved soon.

oily_oink
02-14-2010, 04:51
Oily_oink... I doubt you will Ever get a reply to your emails. You could try registering again, and if you are in the system, as you should be, you will get an error message telling you that your user name and email are already in use. You are aware that they will not except email addresses such as Yahoo, gmail, and so on? You should get approved soon.

Well, I'm not in their system. I re-registered with the same info & everything took. Once again, I wait for approval.

For email I use sbcglobal.net. Now also known as att.net. I hope that's not the problem? If it is, I'm screwed! :faint: I don't use any other email. :crying:

Fire_Medic
02-14-2010, 07:32
I'm also waiting for my account to be approved, been a few days now. It took my email, hopefully they approve it.

wingspar
02-14-2010, 14:51
Well, I'm not in their system. I re-registered with the same info & everything took. Once again, I wait for approval.

For email I use sbcglobal.net. Now also known as att.net. I hope that's not the problem? If it is, I'm screwed! :faint: I don't use any other email. :crying:

Iím guessing your email should be fine. Itís Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail and other email addresses like that they donít take. GT doesnít take them either. Supposedly they have fixed all their problems, and caught up on all of us trying to join, so maybe it wonít take as long for you to be approved than it took me.

I got in too late to discuss my Mosquito purchase over there. Iíd already ordered the gun well before my membership was approved. Picked her up Friday, and shot her yesterday. Fun gun, and not one single problem in about 100 rounds.

Of course, I took a few photos the night I brought her home.

http://www.pbase.com/wingspar/image/121907432/original.jpg

I'm also waiting for my account to be approved, been a few days now. It took my email, hopefully they approve it.

Let us know how long it takes both of you to be approved. Iím curious if I just tried joining at a very bad time.

SIGShooter
02-14-2010, 15:29
I used my Verizon Wireless email account for Sigforum.

For Glock Talk, I used my Hotmail account. Never had a problem with it.

My Sigforum membership was approved and was ready to go in less than 24 hours. I just signed up not too long ago. I haven't a had problem with it.

My recommendation would be to contact the web owner(s) and ask them what's up.

oily_oink
02-18-2010, 10:38
YEAH! As of this morning, I'm in!!! :supergrin: I couldn't be happier.

Thanks everyone!

Fire_Medic
02-18-2010, 15:39
Just got home from the range and I'm in now too. :supergrin:

Cobra64
02-18-2010, 15:57
Just got home from the range and I'm in now too. :supergrin:

Congrats man. If you want to learn a lot about SIGs, watch posts from sigfreund and Grayguns. Bruce Gray is the number one ace SIG gunsmith in the country and has a relationship with gun guys in Exeter. He's also taught classes at Sig Academy as well.

chessail 77
02-18-2010, 16:20
They no longer let you change to free email sites after you are approved, when I tried to set up Yahoo they came back with message following emails were banned from forum ...

Cobra64
02-18-2010, 16:22
They no longer let you change to free email sites after you are approved, when I tried to set up Yahoo they came back with message following emails were banned from forum ...The two owners are not stupid and they don't take any guff either. :)

Fire_Medic
02-18-2010, 16:43
Congrats man. If you want to learn a lot about SIGs, watch posts from sigfreund and Grayguns. Bruce Gray is the number one ace SIG gunsmith in the country and has a relationship with gun guys in Exeter. He's also taught classes at Sig Academy as well.

Thanks, now I'm just trying to figure out how to send pm's lol. Do I need a certain amount of posts first?

Found an old friend over there.

Cobra64
02-18-2010, 17:11
Thanks, now I'm just trying to figure out how to send pm's lol. Do I need a certain amount of posts first?

Found an old friend over there.

Unfortunately Sig Forum's software doesn't support PMs. I communicate to all my friends over there via e-mail which may or may not be shown to the public depending on how you configure your profile.

GlockTalk's software is much more feature-rich than Sig Forum's. But that's just the way it is...

To configure your Sig Forum profile, click on "GO" in the upper left toolbar.

Fire_Medic
02-18-2010, 20:06
Unfortunately Sig Forum's software doesn't support PMs. I communicate to all my friends over there via e-mail which may or may not be shown to the public depending on how you configure your profile.

GlockTalk's software is much more feature-rich than Sig Forum's. But that's just the way it is...

Ok brother thanks for the heads up. :wavey:

bac1023
02-18-2010, 21:28

Yeah, SigForum's engine is very weak for whatever reason. I wish they would give it a complete overhaul.

Cobra64
02-19-2010, 03:11
Yeah, SigForum's engine is very weak for whatever reason. I wish they would give it a complete overhaul.It's a different bunch of guys over there. More mature, seasoned and better informed on platforms and overall range of topics. You don't see threads asking, "What's the trigger do?" :rofl:

BigDaddyK
02-19-2010, 04:15
I'm glad I saw this thread. I registered and sent to emails to the webmaster. Never got a reply from anyone. I gave up. Checked my account today and it worked. Now I have some garbage e-mail account that I never use that's riddled with spam as my contact e-mail. Can't use gmail.

I wanted to ask questions too about a purchase or at least search. I just ended up e-mailing a seller on there and buying from him. Hope the site is worth it.

Cobra64
02-19-2010, 04:42
I'm glad I saw this thread. I registered and sent to emails to the webmaster. Never got a reply from anyone. I gave up. Checked my account today and it worked. Now I have some garbage e-mail account that I never use that's riddled with spam as my contact e-mail. Can't use gmail.

I wanted to ask questions too about a purchase or at least search. I just ended up e-mailing a seller on there and buying from him. Hope the site is worth it.

Just stick with GT and Glocks and you'll have no problems. :)

BigDaddyK
02-19-2010, 08:13
Just stick with GT and Glocks and you'll have no problems. :)

I tell ya what. I'm almost inclined to agree with you. The first 50-75 rounds through my sig were FTEs and FTFs. Slide wouldn't always lock on last round either. I went back and shot 150 more through it and it worked fine but that made me a little nervous.

The jury is still out though.

Glock-it-to-me
03-13-2010, 06:43
Between GT and SIGforum, that's where I spend 90% of my computer time. I bought my beautiful Winchester 94 trapper in .45 Colt from a member there.

tx787
03-18-2010, 10:03
Would anyone who is a member at sigforum.com want to do me a favor and get in me touch with the OP of this: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/906103013 ?

preasoner
03-18-2010, 10:13
I tell ya what. I'm almost inclined to agree with you. The first 50-75 rounds through my sig were FTEs and FTFs. Slide wouldn't always lock on last round either. I went back and shot 150 more through it and it worked fine but that made me a little nervous.

The jury is still out though.

Which Sig do you have? I have a 229 and a 239 in 40 and have not had one issue with either, and they both are tack drivers.

Glock-it-to-me
03-18-2010, 10:26
I sent you a PM on how to get in touch.

tx787
03-18-2010, 11:57
I sent you a PM on how to get in touch.

Thanks!

KalashniKEV
04-26-2010, 12:56
I dropped a few PMs, will recall as needed, but would someone with a SIG forum login please contact me? I'd like to be put in touch w/ a seller there...

Thanks!