LEGALIZE AUTOMATIC Petition (easy) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LEGALIZE AUTOMATIC Petition (easy)

jjtroutbum
01-25-2010, 16:33
I am number 469 need to hit a thousand please help.

http://www.petition.fm/petitions/knifelawonline/0/5/

Please post your vote # and if you know a good place to link also. please do so.

The Hawk
01-26-2010, 07:00
Signed it as # 481. Looks good to me.

stgha
01-26-2010, 10:02
Number 492, let's keep this moving!

TacticalBling
01-26-2010, 10:47
Added. :wavey:

tripton
01-26-2010, 17:04
So....

What happens after 1000 people sign an internet petition? (Whom firefox tells me is based in Israel)

KiloBravo
01-31-2010, 07:12
It appears as though I was number 511. I also added a constructive comment about why good citizens should be able to carry whatever type of blade they choose. :wavey:

mesteve2
01-31-2010, 07:20
Good luck.

Davegrave
01-31-2010, 07:25
Signed.
This is one of those silly laws that drives me crazy.

actionpup
01-31-2010, 07:56
Sorry, but lazy online petitions hold no weight and are virtually useless. If someone wants to change the law, it takes much more than a trivial online petition. They are often used (sold) to create email or snail mail mailing lists. I suggest getting the backing of some pro-issue organizations by gaining capital and hiring a lobbyist. Then move forward from there. Create some stink by becoming activists and moving folks to write their congressmen, governors, and other leaders as well as staging some protests and having as many activists as possible make personal visits to the various leadership. Fighting long-established law is tough. Bureaucracy will fight tooth and nail to preserve their roll (and paychecks). Sheeple will fight anything that looks scary as well and they know how to work the system. Convince enough folks that the cause is serious and well organized and you might get the sensible masses to move to your six and back you. Remember, the sensible masses don't like their time wasted so they won't back the movement unless their is better than a snowballs chance in hell. Just be prepared for the long haul.

tripton
01-31-2010, 09:39
Sorry, but lazy online petitions hold no weight and are virtually useless. If someone wants to change the law, it takes much more than a trivial online petition. They are often used (sold) to create email or snail mail mailing lists. I suggest getting the backing of some pro-issue organizations by gaining capital and hiring a lobbyist. Then move forward from there. Create some stink by becoming activists and moving folks to write their congressmen, governors, and other leaders as well as staging some protests and having as many activists as possible make personal visits to the various leadership. Fighting long-established law is tough. Bureaucracy will fight tooth and nail to preserve their roll (and paychecks). Sheeple will fight anything that looks scary as well and they know how to work the system. Convince enough folks that the cause is serious and well organized and you might get the sensible masses to move to your six and back you. Remember, the sensible masses don't like their time wasted so they won't back the movement unless their is better than a snowballs chance in hell. Just be prepared for the long haul.

Yep. Exactly.

CSnakes
01-31-2010, 10:18
Signed 516

bno762
02-02-2010, 09:16

polizei1
02-02-2010, 10:07
But I already carry an auto... :whistling:

-Cody