Colt Commander trigger question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt Commander trigger question

peteG21
01-26-2010, 08:19
new to 1911's, I would like to replace my trigger on my Lightweight Commander, currently has a plastic one..functions well but would like a nicer trigger..would like one to break around 3.5lbs to 4.5lbs, and maybe a titanium one three holes or skeletonised. Any suggestion on brand, and were to buy it from, at a reasonable price.

MoCop
01-26-2010, 08:49
I bought a Greider solid trigger from Brownells earlier last month for my Springfield Milspec. It seems to be well made. I haven't had it installed yet because I'm still buying other parts to build the gun up.

Check out www.brownells.com for other triggers. They have just about everything under the sun.

up1911fan
01-26-2010, 09:00
Swapping trigger's isn't going to change your trigger pull. That will require the attention of a good smith to polish the sear and adjust the height of the hammer hook's, as well as a lot more polishing.

Mushinto
01-26-2010, 11:59
new to 1911's, I would like to replace my trigger on my Lightweight Commander, currently has a plastic one..functions well but would like a nicer trigger..would like one to break around 3.5lbs to 4.5lbs, and maybe a titanium one three holes or skeletonised. Any suggestion on brand, and were to buy it from, at a reasonable price.
I like the STI Ti trigger, but only the bow is Ti, the rest is plastic. I don't know of any completely titanium triggers.

Remember that triggers are not usually a drop-in part. They need fitting.

If your current trigger is properly fitted, then changing triggers will not decrease the pull.

ML