New Indoor Gun Range in Roswell, Ga. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Indoor Gun Range in Roswell, Ga.

W4CNG
01-27-2010, 15:16
I had someone tell me about a new Indoor Gun Range coming to Roswell on Hwy9 near the Roswell/Alpharetta border. More than 20 lanes, High End Store and facilities. With more than 20 lanes that would be the largest anywhere I have heard of. May be open by late summer. Don't know who is financing, but if it lives up to what I heard, it will be a First Class Range. Lately our ranges have been very busy and sometimes hard to get range time on. This may be a very good thing especially in the North Fulton County area where there are lots of shooters. Anyone else have info, please update here.

road1will
02-17-2010, 07:41
If this is true, that will be great. That is about 5 minutes from me. If you hear any other news about this range opening, please post it up!

FLglockdude
02-20-2010, 19:55
I'm not sure about in the Roswell area, but over in Holly Springs a new range and shop just opened up. It is called High Caliber, and the range and shop are both very nice, as are the employees.

forsythglock
03-04-2010, 12:40
The Sandy Springs Design Review Board at its meeting last week at City Hall approved 6-0 the exterior renovation of the future Sandy Springs Gun Club and Shooting Range at the former Great American Flooring store at 8040 Roswell Road.

Scheduled to open in May.

http://www.neighbornewspapers.com/detail/155624.html

absoludely
03-10-2010, 14:50
Great news, always looking for alternatives to "lesser" ranges near me.

sharpshooters usa
04-10-2010, 07:58
There is in fact a new range coming to Roswell. I am a Managing Partner of Sharpshooters USA. SharpShooters USA will be a 24 lane state of the art indoor shooting range, retail store and training center. The range has complete climate controlled ventilation and consists of 3 bays of 8 lanes that are 25 yards in length. 8 of the lanes are fully tactical which will provide a much needed training venue for our local law enforcement agencies.

Our new building will be constructed at 11261 Alpharetta Highway in Roswell between Mansell Rd & Hembree Rd. The location is directly across the street from Rick Case Hyundai.

Our construction was delayed due to an issue getting a sewer easement but that has been resolved. The official groundbreaking should occur within the next 3 weeks.

For further information visit our website : www.sharpshootersusa.com or email me: tdeets@sharpshootersusa.com

Adam5
04-13-2010, 22:44
Are you going to be where Pike was or where the Jeep dealer was?

sharpshooters usa
04-15-2010, 10:29
We will be directly across the street from Rick Case Huyndai. It is currently vacant land

FLglockdude
04-16-2010, 13:43
Wow, this sounds like it's going to be sweet, and it's only 25 minutes away from me too :wavey:

What's the time frame for completion?

red devil
04-18-2010, 10:35
That's great news. I'm excited to visit once it is up and running. Please let us know when we can visit for the grand opening.

Cheers!

Liberty Ship
06-08-2010, 19:10
We will be directly across the street from Rick Case Huyndai. It is currently vacant land

This is great!!! I saw the sign today and googled the name and ended up here. This is not more than a mile from my office! Will you be serving lunch????

thooks
06-28-2010, 11:09
Wow.

Lots of new indoor ranges opening up.

Something's definitely "amiss" in the world today...

Good. Hopefully the thugs and politicians take note.

Hi-caliber in Woodstock is a VERY nice place. Their rate is about $15/per hour, clean place, very nice people there. First-class facility.

I look forward to going to the range in Roswell as well.

road1will
07-01-2010, 17:57
great news. i work up the street at jackson acura....I'll have to walk down the hill to shoot at lunch time :)

stumpjumper
07-03-2010, 18:35
Hi Caliber's rates are $15 for all day , not an hour.

thooks
10-04-2010, 09:03
Sadly, the place in Roswell is not open yet. Found out the hard way by checking this thread yesterday about 1 pm and driving up the road to find a building under construction. If the groundbreaking was around the first of May, I would have expected them to be open by now.

It does appear to be a first-class facility. I hope that construction speeds up and we can use this during the Winter. I can be there in 20 minutes from my house (that is saying a lot...those of you that know the area know there's a red light every 18 feet and many of the folks that drive in that area 'pace car' the traffic)

That was the first of the disappointments of the day...I decided to drive west on hwy 92 to Woodstock and go to HiCaliber. We get there and there's a waiting list. Parking lot full. We wait about 30 minutes and leave. Oh yeah, on the way there I stopped at a QuikTrip to fill up. Something was wrong with the pump/card reader.

After 3 failures I didn't give up. We had been to Sears earlier in the day and were looking at kitchen appliances. We saw a $900 gas range on sale for $750. Ended up stopping by the Sears outlet in Marietta and saw the same one, new old stock, for $550. Loaded it up. :supergrin:

kd4lzk
10-14-2010, 09:34
After 3 failures I didn't give up. We had been to Sears earlier in the day and were looking at kitchen appliances. We saw a $900 gas range on sale for $750. Ended up stopping by the Sears outlet in Marietta and saw the same one, new old stock, for $550. Loaded it up. :supergrin:

At least something went right and the trip wasn't completely wasted.

HKevolution
10-15-2010, 10:54
The building appears to be huge! I'm thinking it's going to be a real nice place, and seriously five minutes from my house!!!

Web site says they'll have discounted memberships when they first open, depending on the price, I'd be crazy not to buy one.

Hopefully they'll carry a full line of weapons and have a knowledgeable staff. Hi-Caliber is excellent in stock and knowledge, but it's a good thirty minutes from me.

Adam5
10-15-2010, 22:26
Sadly, the place in Roswell is not open yet. Found out the hard way by checking this thread yesterday about 1 pm and driving up the road to find a building under construction. If the groundbreaking was around the first of May, I would have expected them to be open by now.

I spoke with the President of the company at the GCO convention in August. He said they are right on track to be fully open by the end of the year.

ATL_GLOCK
10-21-2010, 14:35
I find it hard to believe that it will top or even match Sandy Springs Shooting Range....

Although i do wish they had automatics to rent :(

fx77
10-21-2010, 17:03
Until you see this range in Ulm Ger... U ain't seen S___
http://www.mszu.de/

W4CNG
10-21-2010, 22:00
I will reserve judgement on this range that is scheduled to open on my Birthday vs the Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range that is quite a nice facility that I have already used. The big Plus is what one offers that the other does not. SSGC has 6 lanes of computer controlled lines at 35 Yards and a runner at the end along with all of the member benefits and greeting and meeting area in addition to the other 11 ranges. Time will tell in less than a year. Me, I am waiting on this one to open and see what is offered vs SSGC. Both of these will be the only Air Conditioned Indoor Pistol Ranges in Atlanta Ga. That means not sweating up when firing on the range......

ATL_GLOCK
10-22-2010, 14:33
I will reserve judgement on this range that is scheduled to open on my Birthday vs the Sandy Springs Gun Club and Range that is quite a nice facility that I have already used. The big Plus is what one offers that the other does not. SSGC has 6 lanes of computer controlled lines at 35 Yards and a runner at the end along with all of the member benefits and greeting and meeting area in addition to the other 11 ranges. Time will tell in less than a year. Me, I am waiting on this one to open and see what is offered vs SSGC. Both of these will be the only Air Conditioned Indoor Pistol Ranges in Atlanta Ga. That means not sweating up when firing on the range......

alll correct statements....except the air conditioning part. SSGC does NOT have air conditioning. I was sweating it out pretty hard toward the end of summer when I was going...they had huge industrial fans up in the ranges but that didnt do anything. It was hotter inside the ranges than outside

starter1ststring
11-03-2010, 22:08
I'm not sure about in the Roswell area, but over in Holly Springs a new range and shop just opened up. It is called High Caliber, and the range and shop are both very nice, as are the employees.

Just down the street is a place called Big Woods Goods. They just moved there a few months ago.
www.bigwoodsgoods.com (http://www.highcaliberfirearms.com)

They are installing a state of the art range that should be ready by the end of the month.
[url]http://range.bigwoodsgoods.com/2010/10/range-update-2/

red devil
11-05-2010, 19:46
I got a tour of the construction of Sharp Shooters USA this afternoon. Wow! It is a fantastic facility. Hands down the best place I've seen. They have a lot of attention to detail and safety above and beyond what other places have. I'm excited and can't wait for it to open up. They are opening in January.

I'm so happy that so many gun ranges are opening up here in Georgia. I saw the photographs of Big Woods that place looks really nice. What an exciting time this is.

HKevolution
11-05-2010, 20:43
I'm so happy that so many gun ranges are opening up here in Georgia. I saw the photographs of Big Woods that place looks really nice. What an exciting time this is.

We just have to make sure we're good about visiting and buying from them. It's sometimes hard when prices on the internet have in the past been pretty inexpensive, however, recently I shopped prices for an M&P at Hi Caliber and they were the same as Buds Gun Shop, Adventure Outdoors beat everybody on a Browning Maxis I'm looking at.

Point being, once we're fortunate enough to have these places; I hope we'll all do our part to keep them in business.

Adam5
11-05-2010, 22:06
I'm waiting for Sharpshooters to open before I decide to join there, Sandy Springs, or renew at Bullseye.

joepa150
11-19-2010, 19:57
Am I the only one that prefers outdoor ranges? i am from PA where I pay $15 per
YEAR to be able to shoot at an outdoor rod and gun club (rifle, pistol, plinking, trap, etc). They wanted to raise the membership to $20 a year and all the members protested it. I move down to Georgia. I can't find a gun club that is under several hundred a year??????????

Indoor ranges are often convenient but paying $6-10 and hour or $15 a day is REALLY expensive. Also the fumes and the noise sucks.

sharpshooters usa
11-21-2010, 08:40
I am Tom Deets, Managing Partner of SharpShooters USA.

Construction of our state of the art 24 lane range is winding down. We will be able to have some soft opening events in December before Christmas and a Grand Opening in January.

Our facility will feature 24 lanes divided into 3 bays of 8. All lanes are 25 yards and rated up to .308 cal and 2 lanes are rated at 50BMG. 8 of the lanes are fully tactical with computerized target turners. Our range equipment from Action Target features the TCT trap, Mancom digital retrievers and Mancom clear stalls. Our interior stalls are 48" wide and the outer stalls are 53" wide. The range ventilation consists of a total of 180 tons of HVAC with digital analog controls to monitor air flow, filter efficiency etc.

We have 2,500 square feet of retail space with ballistic glass windows that look into the shooting lanes. There is also a lounge area that looks into the lanes. The facility has a classroom that will hold 25 people and will feature a Ti simulation system for scenario based training.

Our new website will launch in the next week (hopefully before Thanksgiving)

If anyone would like a tour of the facility or pre-opening Founding Membership plans please contact me at info@sharpshootersusa.com

We are excited to bring this world class facility to Roswell and look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.

rhone89
12-02-2010, 12:49

Construction of our state of the art 24 lane range is winding down. We will be able to have some soft opening events in December before Christmas and a Grand Opening in January.

Our facility will feature 24 lanes divided into 3 bays of 8. All lanes are 25 yards and rated up to .308 cal and 2 lanes are rated at 50BMG. 8 of the lanes are fully tactical with computerized target turners. Our range equipment from Action Target features the TCT trap, Mancom digital retrievers and Mancom clear stalls. Our interior stalls are 48" wide and the outer stalls are 53" wide. The range ventilation consists of a total of 180 tons of HVAC with digital analog controls to monitor air flow, filter efficiency etc.

We have 2,500 square feet of retail space with ballistic glass windows that look into the shooting lanes. There is also a lounge area that looks into the lanes. The facility has a classroom that will hold 25 people and will feature a Ti simulation system for scenario based training.

If anyone would like a tour of the facility or pre-opening Founding Membership plans please contact me at info@sharpshootersusa.com

We are excited to bring this world class facility to Roswell and look forward to the opportunity to earn your business.

If roswell works out, I would invite you to build a nice outdoor range in Dallas :)

W4CNG
12-06-2010, 22:35
I have made my decision to go with Sharpshooters for my yearly membership (as a Founding Member) and shoot weekly. I have a current membership expiring at another range just a bit further away from me that is not really clean and is dropping in membership. IDPA left it a couple of months ago also for their weekly shoot. Sometimes newer is better especially with the latest state of the art conditioned air environment indoors. Out of doors it is based on which way the wind and rain flows.

riceh8r
12-22-2010, 21:32

I would like to talk to you about a local agency purchasing memberships.

TrybalRage
12-25-2010, 20:45
Am I the only one that prefers outdoor ranges? i am from PA where I pay $15 per
YEAR to be able to shoot at an outdoor rod and gun club (rifle, pistol, plinking, trap, etc). They wanted to raise the membership to $20 a year and all the members protested it. I move down to Georgia. I can't find a gun club that is under several hundred a year??????????

Indoor ranges are often convenient but paying $6-10 and hour or $15 a day is REALLY expensive. Also the fumes and the noise sucks.

Welcome to my world. I also used to belong to a $15 a year outdoor range in PA, then moved to GA and can only find one, and it's a fortune in comparison. I haven't been shooting in years.

Smoke_Eater
12-29-2010, 15:56
Is there a firm open date in January available. I work right around the corner. this would be perfect!

Mrs. Algaroth
01-04-2011, 13:53
This place is a good 45 minutes from where I live (Kennesaw) but I'd be willing to check it out - after I have my baby, that is. Will you guys be offering anything neat for us ladies? Ladies day perhaps?

joepa150
01-18-2011, 17:27
Welcome to my world. I also used to belong to a $15 a year outdoor range in PA, then moved to GA and can only find one, and it's a fortune in comparison. I haven't been shooting in years.

I told some people from PA about this and it blow their mind. What part of PA are you from if you don't mind me asking?

TrybalRage
01-22-2011, 07:42
I told some people from PA about this and it blow their mind. What part of PA are you from if you don't mind me asking?

Berks County.

glocktecher
01-24-2011, 09:14
Believe they opened last Saturday.

Awesome.

And one of the best trainers anyone could ever take lessons from. Fred is a combat / LEO / SWAT veteran.

Colt's Rule
01-24-2011, 15:14
Do you really have to wear a baseball cap to shoot there?

red devil
01-24-2011, 16:00
Do you really have to wear a baseball cap to shoot there?

Yes... they have some painters caps available onsite if you don't have one. I think it can be any brimmed hat.. so If you have a 10 gallon cowboy hat... lol :rofl:

jbclark187
01-24-2011, 16:32
Non-member price is $20/ visit. For that kinda cash it had BETTER be the best range in the state.

I'm sure I'll check it out, but doubt I'll be a frequent visitor at that price. It already costs enough to live in Fulton County :whistling:

insanity.
01-26-2011, 17:21
Is that $20 for a lane with extra charge per time or just $20 period?

jbclark187
01-26-2011, 17:28
Website simply said $20/visit and $15 for an extra shooter. I would HOPE that's a daily charge without time limits.

HKevolution
01-31-2011, 13:38
I've shot there a couple of times now.

The range is indeed the nicest I've been in anywhere in the country.

They require you to watch a < 5 minute safety video before the first time you shoot. Pretty common sense stuff so experienced shooters will be irritated, but it makes sense for the less experienced. It's nice to know the guy with little experience next to me has at least watched a basic safety video.

You do have to wear a cap, not a fan of this requirement, but quite frankly it makes sense.

They have to let you into the range, it's coded and won't open for anyone but an employee.

They always have a range officer in the range which I thought would be a real pain, but I kind of like it. In addition to keeping a close eye on the new shooters, he usually sweeps your brass away from your feet every so often.

Only one gun out of the bag at a time, this is a pain, and quite frankly I think actually more dangerous than having your weapons out all at once. The result, people are switching their guns in and out of their bags. I've always been taught anytime you're transferring a weapon from one situation to another your introducing risk.

The range is unbelievably quiet! They did a great job on insulating it for sound.

The range does not get dusty at all. Their air exchange system literally sucks dust and lead away from the shooters. Nice touch for those of us that shoot a lot.

The range has computer distance targets. In other words, you type it the yardage you want and the individual lane computer puts your target at that distance. Very cool!

I also like that the barriers between lanes are see through glass. I can tell what the guy next to me is shooting, and if he knows what he's doing!

The store itself is starting to fill up, and from what I've seen their prices are VERY competitive. Yeah, more than on-line; but not enough to justify buying/shipping/failing to supporting your LGS.

Most of the staff seems pretty knowledgeable.

The owner Tom Deets seems to be a good guy.

So Biggest plus - The range really is quite awesome!
Biggest negative - Their safety procedures are excessive to the point of being burdensome on experienced shooters.

Place is definitely worth checking out! (Oh, and I don't work there)

Logan.45
02-05-2011, 19:51
I recently went to Sharpshooters. It is a top notch place. Nice well lit range, excellent ventilation, spacious. Nice lounge area that could become a hangout, coffee and vending. You need to take a hat or they will make you buy a paper painters hat if you want to shoot. I live in Acworth and this will probably be to far to drive very often. Possibly just an occasional visit.

SamMan23
02-18-2011, 07:57
I've shot there a couple of times now.

The range is indeed the nicest I've been in anywhere in the country.

They require you to watch a < 5 minute safety video before the first time you shoot. Pretty common sense stuff so experienced shooters will be irritated, but it makes sense for the less experienced. It's nice to know the guy with little experience next to me has at least watched a basic safety video.

You do have to wear a cap, not a fan of this requirement, but quite frankly it makes sense.

They have to let you into the range, it's coded and won't open for anyone but an employee.

They always have a range officer in the range which I thought would be a real pain, but I kind of like it. In addition to keeping a close eye on the new shooters, he usually sweeps your brass away from your feet every so often.

Only one gun out of the bag at a time, this is a pain, and quite frankly I think actually more dangerous than having your weapons out all at once. The result, people are switching their guns in and out of their bags. I've always been taught anytime you're transferring a weapon from one situation to another your introducing risk.

The range is unbelievably quiet! They did a great job on insulating it for sound.

The range does not get dusty at all. Their air exchange system literally sucks dust and lead away from the shooters. Nice touch for those of us that shoot a lot.

The range has computer distance targets. In other words, you type it the yardage you want and the individual lane computer puts your target at that distance. Very cool!

I also like that the barriers between lanes are see through glass. I can tell what the guy next to me is shooting, and if he knows what he's doing!

The store itself is starting to fill up, and from what I've seen their prices are VERY competitive. Yeah, more than on-line; but not enough to justify buying/shipping/failing to supporting your LGS.

Most of the staff seems pretty knowledgeable.

The owner Tom Deets seems to be a good guy.

So Biggest plus - The range really is quite awesome!
Biggest negative - Their safety procedures are excessive to the point of being burdensome on experienced shooters.

Place is definitely worth checking out! (Oh, and I don't work there)

I actually do work there and have probably met you since I am there a lot. Your review is very reflective of what most of my customers have said.

SamMan23
02-18-2011, 07:59
Website simply said $20/visit and $15 for an extra shooter. I would HOPE that's a daily charge without time limits.

Yes. There is no time limit.

SamMan23
02-18-2011, 08:00
I recently went to Sharpshooters. It is a top notch place. Nice well lit range, excellent ventilation, spacious. Nice lounge area that could become a hangout, coffee and vending. You need to take a hat or they will make you buy a paper painters hat if you want to shoot. I live in Acworth and this will probably be to far to drive very often. Possibly just an occasional visit.

Thanks for the review Logan. We appreciate your visit whenever you can.

Adam5
02-26-2011, 05:53
SamMan,

I have heard good things about your range on several forums. I hop to try it out soon. I have been a member at Bullseye in Cumming for a few years now (I live about a mile from there), and did not renew my membership last fall so that I could try out a few of the new ranges nearby, including yours.

I liked Sandy Springs, but want something a little closer to home. I have deemed Big Woods Goods' new range a little to far for normal use. Yours sounds like a VERY nice facility that fairly close to home, and I hope to try it it soon and possibly get a membership with my tax return.