Need help with magpul BAD lever [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help with magpul BAD lever

jetdefiant
01-28-2010, 20:35
So I don't have the lever yet but I did notice something that I need some advice on. So here goes.

I was looking at my two AR's and I noticed on my noveske I have a good amount of space between the ping pong paddle and the upper.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/jetwing/IMG_0099.jpg

and on my lwrc the paddle actually touches the upper , if you look closely you can actually see the scratch mark the paddle made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/jetwing/IMG_0100.jpg

my question is, does the BAD lever need a good amount of clearance resulting in it not working proper for my m6?

jokeruh
01-28-2010, 21:39
I understand what you are saying.

I went and checked a couple of ar's with BAD. It is hard for me to say. Obviously, there is a backplate to which you screw on the lever itself. The backplate is not very thick. I have already installed the BAD's and I didn't check clearance before installation.

From memory, the backplate is pretty thin so I think that you will be ok.

You might can test this on the LWRC. Pull the charging handle all the way back and see how much you have to push on the paddle before it locks the bolt. If you can measure or estimate that distance, I could probably give you a better idea

Jer
01-29-2010, 01:38
I noticed in your second picture the mag is actually out of the mag well. Is your bolt locked back with your ping pong paddle? This would explain why it's limited clearance.

AK_Stick
01-29-2010, 03:29
Dude, you've got 4K worth of AR's and you call the bolt release/hold open a ping pong paddle?

Goldendog Redux
01-29-2010, 03:33
Dude, you've got 4K worth of AR's and you call the bolt release/hold open a ping pong paddle?

Check it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2dNTRuTlSc

I must spend too much time youtubeing when I can recall this.

jetdefiant
01-29-2010, 06:16
yeah i JUST got done watching the magpul tactical carbine video so the "ping pong paddle" was still fresh in my mind.

but in both pics, none of the bolts are locked back, that's the at rest position

faawrenchbndr
01-29-2010, 06:50
Ping pong paddle, at least he did not call it a "flippie thingie" :rofl:

Jer
01-29-2010, 11:17
yeah i JUST got done watching the magpul tactical carbine video so the "ping pong paddle" was still fresh in my mind.

but in both pics, none of the bolts are locked back, that's the at rest position

Is there play in it? Does the spring need changed already? If it's against the receiver not locked back how do you lock it back?

jetdefiant
01-29-2010, 12:53
I can still press on the bottom of the catch to lock the bolt back, but when I send the bolt forward the paddle part actually touches and hits the upper, meaning there isn't much, if any, clearance between the catch and the upper. Locking it back is not the issue, its the position of the bolt catch when at rest and since the spring is usually pressing on the bolt catch for an "at rest position" of not intruding with the bolt, the spring strength is irrelevant to the clearance of the paddle part with the upper. I hope I explained this thoroughly.

Resqu2
01-30-2010, 13:09
Can't help you with you problem but my RRA entry/tactical looks like your first pic, something has got to be wrong for it to be making a mark.