01-29-2010, 17:39
Man, shooting your own kid.

PhoneCop
01-29-2010, 20:27
Man, shooting your own kid.

I am a heartless bastard, this is true.

swotivated
01-31-2010, 06:38
Awesome- fun night with the kid and probably some good food for thought for you to file away in case you ever need to actually defend your home.

krush777
01-31-2010, 14:39
Very cool. When my son and daughter were around 6 and 7 years old, I used to duel against then with toy light sabers. they actually got to be pretty good at it. And the lessons they learned about defending themselves, thinking before using force (no pun intended) and tactics they still talk about today - and they are 16 and 17 yrs old.

PhoneCop
01-31-2010, 22:36
Awesome- fun night with the kid and probably some good food for thought for you to file away in case you ever need to actually defend your home.

Indeed, I took my son up them stairs and showed him it was a death trap. The cornered stairs and corner balcony, 5 different openings to watch, can't cover any one without exposting a flank or 6 to another. Plain ugly.

The reason he came over the balcony was because of that discussion and he immediately used it against me.

Some time in the past we were discussing engagement distances for the modern battlefield. We also discused at some point using elevation and darkness to your advantage... that little kid used them all against me during a lazer tag game in the woods. He set up further away than I anticipated, up a bit in a tree, deep in the shadows and sniped me some 30 yards away.

Makes a papa proud.

jhoagland
02-01-2010, 06:19
Cool!