Help a displaced Cornhusker by answering this question [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : Help a displaced Cornhusker by answering this question

01-29-2010, 14:31
Greetings Kentucky Glocksters!

I'm from Nebraska, but my job has me in Kentucky most of the time. I don't let being away from home get in the way of my shooting, as could be evidenced by the pile of brass outside the "apartment" I keep here (I'm in Monroe County, fyi).

Here's my question, and I'm hoping someone here can answer or point me to where I can find out. Can an out of state resident purchase a firearm in Kentucky? I know a handgun would have to be shipped to an FFL back home, but what about a long gun?

Thanks in advance!

The Hawk
01-30-2010, 11:13
I just called the local gun shop and they said you must be a resident of KY for at least 3 months to purchase firearm here. They said ANY firearm purchase would have to be shipped to FFL back home.

01-30-2010, 20:49
I think long guns & shotguns can be purchased by out of state residents in a KY gunshop but not handguns. Handguns must be shipped to your FFL.

I could not find this information in a quick search though. IIRC the law used to be for connecting states only but I think it changed.

01-30-2010, 22:21 Here are some FAQ about transfers. They may answer your question as far as Federal law is concerned.