Power [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Power

EL COLONEL
01-29-2010, 16:27
.....ball any good out of a comander size 1911 ?

ronin.45
01-29-2010, 19:07
Ball ammo works fine out of a 4" barrel. I would not use it for defense unless I had no good ammo available. Good hollow points are always better than ball.

EL COLONEL
01-29-2010, 19:25
I wasn't talking about ball but the corbon power ball.................:wavey:

CanyonMan
01-29-2010, 20:00
All I carry in the 45acp is 230gr ball. It will work fine for SD out of any size 45acp. 230gr XTP's are next on my list. But 230 FMJ is 99% of the time.
About all I carry 'when in town' is a 1911 45acp.

Good shooting.

CanyonMan

CanyonMan
01-29-2010, 22:22
I wasn't talking about ball but the corbon power ball.................:wavey:

Sorry amigo. I misread your post.

My opinion of PB for SD would be about the same as carrying a pellet gun.

I got into a big deal with corbon years ago over this "designer bullet," after i fired one out of a G27 at about 3-5 feet away at an old truck tail gate, and it (the powerball) exploded like a little dirt clod, and only left a very slight ding in the gate. It would have felt like a real hard paintball hit to the skin. They have almost no penetration, and are just not what they are cranked up to be...

Do your self a favor and stay away from the powerball and the rbcd, or rcbd whatever its called.. It is, my friend, all hype. I promise ya.

Everything we tried in in, was a miserable fragmenting failure.....

Stay Safe.

CanyonMan

glock20c10mm
01-29-2010, 22:35
Sorry amigo. I misread your post.

My opinion of PB for SD would be about the same as carrying a pellet gun.

I got into a big deal with corbon years ago over this "designer bullet," after i fired one out of a G27 at about 3-5 feet away at an old truck tail gate, and it (the powerball) exploded like a little dirt clod, and only left a very slight ding in the gate. It would have felt like a real hard paintball hit to the skin. They have almost no penetration, and are just not what they are cranked up to be...

Do your self a favor and stay away from the powerball and the rbcd, or rcbd whatever its called.. It is, my friend, all hype. I promise ya.

Everything we tried in in, was a miserable fragmenting failure.....

Stay Safe.

CanyonMan

:agree:

+1 :thumbsup:

EL COLONEL
01-30-2010, 10:36
cannyon man , Thanx buddy ..... i have never tried any because they cost to much , so i really thank you......:wavey:

CanyonMan
01-30-2010, 11:02
cannyon man , Thanx buddy ..... i have never tried any because they cost to much , so i really thank you......:wavey:

No problemo my fellow Texan... :cool:

Stay safe.

CanyonMan