DPMS prices really falling. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DPMS prices really falling.

Petrie
01-30-2010, 00:36
I bought a DPMS Panter Classic (A2 rifle) in the spring of 09 for $899 + tax. Today I stopped in at the big gunstore where I bought it and they have the same rifles for $699 + tax. Ouch. I figured I had payed too much buying during the AR frenzy, but I didn't think I overpayed that much. But, If I hadn't have bought it then I'd have missed out on the Military rifle shoots I competed in last summer. Just wish I'd have looked around more and bought a little better gun. Rookie move.

RMTactical
01-30-2010, 02:33
Not just DPMS, many AR15 prices have dropped. There was a lot of price gouging going on last year.

skippz
01-30-2010, 04:50
Hey I bought a DPMS LR-308 for $200 more than what its worth... but I figure it will be worth it one day

mkmckinley
01-30-2010, 05:02
don't worry about it, a lot of people are in the same boat but paid more than you did. I laughed when I saw them for $1200 at one shop but sure enough the next time I was there they had sold out.

USAglock
01-30-2010, 05:44
I bought a DPMS Panter Classic (A2 rifle) in the spring of 09 for $899 + tax. Today I stopped in at the big gunstore where I bought it and they have the same rifles for $699 + tax. Ouch. I figured I had payed too much buying during the AR frenzy, but I didn't think I overpayed that much. But, If I hadn't have bought it then I'd have missed out on the Military rifle shoots I competed in last summer. Just wish I'd have looked around more and bought a little better gun. Rookie move.

I would say the fun you had at the rifle shoots more than makes up for the extra $$. I have noticed the price drop in the AK market also. :wavey:

thunderbat
01-30-2010, 06:20
This time a year ago, if you wanted an AR , you were going to pay MSRP. There was no discounting and they were also in short supply. Buy another one now and you will still be ahead, as supply is far ahead of demand at this point.

Gallium
01-30-2010, 06:32
The generic DMPS -
Panther™ 5.56NATO Sportical™

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=5295

Goes to retailers for about $600 + shipping.

'Drew

Petrie
01-30-2010, 07:59
I actually did consider buying another one. They had this one for $750:

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=46

The one I have has been real good so maybe this one would too. Hell, they had 3 of them in the case so maybe they'll go down even more?

frankmako
01-30-2010, 08:09
the prices got to high and no one was buying them. so the prices will come down and sale will start back. it will be the same with ammo and other guns before long. if we stop buying high we can force the prices back down.

MySiK26
01-30-2010, 10:33
I actually did consider buying another one. They had this one for $750:

http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=46

The one I have has been real good so maybe this one would too. Hell, they had 3 of them in the case so maybe they'll go down even more?

The one I had was great too, 100%.

BEER
01-30-2010, 11:49

you think that's a drastic change? check out some of the online classified ads. a lot of the guys that bought those 1200-1500$ basic rifles last year tricked them out and are now trying to sell them off for 1000 WITH accessories, and most of them haven't even been fired more than a couple hundred rounds.

majette
01-30-2010, 12:04
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=161&

h&kbama
01-30-2010, 20:33
The shops around here have drastically dropped their prices on AR's as well. According to the shop owners, the economy tanking is the cause. Per the (4) shop owners I have spoken to in the last few weeks, they all gave me the exact same reason. People are not spending money, and the gun makers/shops are feeling it. Stay safe.

remember911
02-02-2010, 10:42
Yes sir the gold rush is over. And the closing of many will begain. I call this a buyers market.:wow: What is sad all the hole salers that are stuck with over stock.

thunderbat
02-02-2010, 17:11
From what I am seeing, the prices will only continue to drop. even Colt 6920's are being offered at 'sale' prices now...

Jeager106
02-02-2010, 21:28
I got the "fever" and had to have an Ar in 7.62 so I bought the first DPMS that came down the road.
16 inch, one mag, $1450.00 and I grabbed it.
Sorriest move I ever made.
It's been back to the factory 2 X and still won't shoot.
At least now it stopped jamming every other shot.
But 6 to 8 inch groups is totally unacceptable.
That's with any ammo you feed it, from match grade Federal, mil-spec, handloads, hunting ammo.
It will ONLY groups 125 graon bullets well.
I can get an inch with handloads but who wants a big boomer rifle that shoots the same bullet as the chi-com SKS/AK?
DPMS answers me by saying to spend over $850.00 and buy the match 24 inch stainless upper.
You got to be kidding me!
That thing has to weigh 15 pounds loaded with 24 inch bull barrel.
I have heard many more complaints about DPMS lack of accuracy and DPMS lack of sympathetic attitude towards customers.

Daekwan
02-03-2010, 09:19

You got off good.. You only overpaid by about $200 bucks compared to todays prices. Imagine the people who paid upwards of $2500 for a Colt 6920 only to see them sold for $1100 today.

As you said.. it was worth the $200 to have the rifle when you wanted it. And not to wait another year just save $200

Petrie
11-21-2010, 08:48
UPDATE: At that scheels where I bought my AR the price for the same model has jumped right back up to $850. I've seen them running that high for several months. Apparantly there was a over supply in the first part of the year and now demand and supply are even.

Gunnut 45/454
11-21-2010, 11:21
Yep I refused to pay the Obama election prices- I actually wanted a AR at that time -but was going to pay the prices they wanted! After a two year wait /watching the price fall to half what they were I final got into the AR scene! I have what I need and don't need any more!:supergrin:

11-21-2010, 20:49
From what I am seeing, the prices will only continue to drop. even Colt 6920's are being offered at 'sale' prices now...
From what I'm seeing, the drop in AR prices has leveled off for months, now. Don't see them going any lower.