Beware of Smoky Mountain Knife Works [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Smoky Mountain Knife Works

Jonesee
01-30-2010, 15:05
I ordered a knife blank from Smoky Mountain for a knife I was going to make for my dad. Order went through great over the net, credit card charged, received an email that the order was fine and to expect the package in 10 days and life is good...

About 2 weeks passed and I realized the blank hasn't arrived. I called Smoky Mountain, spoke to a customer service rep. he checked the records, verified everything I had told him and was at a loss why no knife blank arrived. I got transferred to someone else, same routine, but dug deeper and found that not only had the blank not been shipped, it wasn't something they carried. (in spite of being in their catalog and showing as in inventory. No big deal mistakes happen, there were other blanks I liked anyway. Asked them to credit my card and I would go back and reorder.

They came back and said they were giving me a partial credit back on my card. I asked why a partial credit since I was charged the full amount, they had not incurred any shipping and I received nothing. No explanation given.

Transferred to a manager who verified everything I was told previously. Said she would send it to accounting and they would call me. No call back. And, no credit to my card. Not even the partial they said had already been processed.

Called my credit card company, explained the situation to them. They sent me to the fraud department. Gave them the names of everyone I had dealt with and what I was told. They confirmed no credit had been issued, not even the partial and said they would immediately credit my card back and charge it back to Smoky Mtn Knife Works.

A month has passed and still no call from them. Nothing but the original email that everything was fine.

Do business with them as you wish. I will never again...

The Hawk
01-30-2010, 16:42
Wow, that sucks. I have bought several items from them but always at the store.
Thanks for the heads up as I just got another catalog from them yesterday.
Good luck.