MSAR completion! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : MSAR completion!

beretta-neo
01-30-2010, 16:03
I originally got an MSAR with the stock sight - but I found the stock sight to be too low for me.... So, I sold the optic and bought a rail...

And, after an experiment with Tomac's RX30 (he was nice enough to let me borrow it) - I went ahead with another Eotech (I have a 511 on my PS90). This time I got the XPS-0 model, however.

I also got some magpul back up sights as a backup to the EOtech. I really wanted to go with a battery free option, but the RX30 wasn't for me. However, the backup sights are good if something ever happened to the EOtech. I also put the front sight on reveresed - so I have more rail real estate. I didn't want the rear sight hanging off when folded down - I found it distracting when I held the gun at cheek weld.

I plan to go shoot it at the end of next week, depending on the weather.

I almost went with the 512 model, but I like some of the features of the new XPS. And, it all fits better on the 9" rail too.

Here are some pics:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/msar-eo1.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/msar-eo2.jpg

And with the sights up:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/msar-eo3.jpg

BEER
01-30-2010, 17:05
i really really want to like the bullpup design but i just can't get past the idea of having the receiver right up against my face in case of a "kaboom". yeah yeah i know it's a 1 in a million chance but i know how my luck runs with everything BUT the lottery. lol

WayaX
01-30-2010, 17:17
i really really want to like the bullpup design but i just can't get past the idea of having the receiver right up against my face in case of a "kaboom". yeah yeah i know it's a 1 in a million chance but i know how my luck runs with everything BUT the lottery. lol

There have been instances of FN FS2000's blowing up. What they described was that it hurt a good but, but the injuries weren't serious.

By the way, nice MSAR. I have to ask, what sling is on it? I like that set up better than the Vickers Tactical that I have on mine.

beretta-neo
01-30-2010, 17:18
Well, I don't buy the cheap ammo (steel case and really, really cheap brass ammo), personally. I'm not really worried about it. I haven't read any reports of AUG catastraphies.

beretta-neo
01-30-2010, 17:18
By the way, nice MSAR. I have to ask, what sling is on it? I like that set up better than the Vickers Tactical that I have on mine.

Its an Urban ERT sling.

Tomac
01-30-2010, 18:55
Nice setup, we expect a range report w/more pics soon!
Tomac

faawrenchbndr
01-30-2010, 19:02
Very nice,......:supergrin:

beretta-neo
01-30-2010, 19:12
Nice setup, we expect a range report w/more pics soon!
Tomac

Haha - It's hard to take range pics when you are by yourself. I may do it on a future visit, but on the next trip, I'll be concentarting on zeroing everything. My laser boresighter will get me on paper, but I still need to zero everything.

I bought an A2 sight tool today at the local shop - to adjust the front magpul sight

AggiePhil
01-30-2010, 20:08
Rifle looks great. :thumbsup:

Ruggles
01-30-2010, 21:15
Nice looking set up indeed. Should be a pleasure to shoot.

beretta-neo
01-31-2010, 09:26
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">