Paclite 22/45 barrel face damage? This normal (pics)? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Paclite 22/45 barrel face damage? This normal (pics)?

hanslowbo
01-31-2010, 15:55
Maiden voyage for pac-lite 22/45 today. Had a few FTE's (Federal value pack), but started running smoother after first 50-60 rounds. Looks like the bolt closing on the the FTE brass damaged the barrel face. Seems odd that soft brass would chew up the barrel face / extractor recess region. Wanted to get some opinions / thoughts on whether this is a serious issue or just cosmetic. At this point doesn't seem to affect cycling/function. Thanks.

minuteman32
01-31-2010, 22:30
While I've had reliability issues w/ mine, I've not seen damage like that on it. Looks as though the extractor was loose & hitting the breach. That's about the only thing I could think of.

TKM
02-01-2010, 01:00
What does the bolt look like? The brass is getting slammed into the aluminum part of the barrel surrounding the steel liner and I can't tell why from those pics. Yikes.

mteagle1
02-01-2010, 12:27
I've only got a couple thousand rounds through the Tac Sol pac lite barrel mounted on an early 22/45 and I don't see any damage. I would email Tac Sol and attach the pictures and ask for their opinion.

hanslowbo
02-01-2010, 12:48
The bolt looks perfect, extractor also good. So I suspect damage from 22 case. This doesn't make me feel good about $300+ spent. I guess I'll test out tactical solu customer service. Ran total of roughly 200 rounds, that's it...

Omaha-BeenGlockin
02-01-2010, 14:08
So much for my Tac-sol plans---I think I'll pass now.

vafish
02-01-2010, 14:08
The bolt looks perfect, extractor also good. So I suspect damage from 22 case. This doesn't make me feel good about $300+ spent. I guess I'll test out tactical solu customer service. Ran total of roughly 200 rounds, that's it...

Brass case shouldn't be able to do that to a steel barrel. You take a brass face hammer and hit a steel barrel as hard as you can and you get a brass colored mark on the barrel and a dent in the hammer face.

Something else is wrong with it.

vafish
02-01-2010, 14:10
Wait a minute, you said Pac-lite.

Is that portion of the barrel Aluminum? If so then yes the empty case could be denting it.

hanslowbo
02-01-2010, 19:54
Exactly - if you look close, the steel lining for barrel is fine, but Al around it all mangled. Considering it's a 22lr and you're bound to have an occasional FTE - seems like bad design (note I'm not a gun designer). I'll post the feedback I get from tacticalsol.com. Till then, I'd recommend standing by if you're planning on purchasing. Thanks for the input.

venenoindy
02-01-2010, 20:09
+1 on waiting!!

EDCholsters
02-03-2010, 20:51
That is not normal!

HeGlock
02-07-2010, 10:53
I've been shooting several TacSol's on 22/45 for years. I've not seen any of the issues that you've pictured. I've taken my guns to TacSol for fine tuning when on business in Boise and they've been more than accommodating! Take or ship your gun to them and let them look it over.

hanslowbo
02-09-2010, 22:03
*UPDATE*
Finally got a hold of tacticalsol - took me awhile to find time to call during business hours (website email wasn't working). Had them review this thread with the pics. They are going to send me a shipping label and take a closer look... so far so good with customer service. I'm anxious to here what they find. If things go well and we get it resolved, I'll be tempted to pick up the 22lr kit for glock they are showing on the website (June timeframe). More follow-up to come.

btw - just placed order from ****** for some glock truglo tfo sites ($70 + 10% off - stimulus coupon) wish me luck...

mteagle1
02-10-2010, 13:43
I'm sure Tactical Solutions will make things right with the 22/45 but the rumor floating around another forum is that they have preorders for 10,000 Glock kits. So I would try to backorder one as soon as possible before the June projected release as they are still in Beta testing.

Indy_Guy_77
02-11-2010, 08:57
Yeah... I don't know what's wrong...but that sure isn't right.

I need to examine mine closer when I get home this evening. I know that I've got a little nick right where the black outer case meets the silver-colored inner cylinder.

I think that an extractor tune MIGHT be what's needed for your PacLite?

-J-

mteagle1
02-11-2010, 11:26
I'm sure Tactical Solutions will make things right with the 22/45 but the rumor floating around another forum is that they have preorders for 10,000 Glock kits. So I would try to backorder one as soon as possible before the June projected release as they are still in Beta testing.

Correction to the number of units ordered. It is revised to everything they planned to make this year. However many that will be.

hanslowbo
02-25-2010, 18:24
**Update #2**
Sent pistol/upper to Tacticalsol.com, ~2 weeks later got it back (today). No note, email, phone call - barrel face looks exactly same as when I sent it out. I have email out to the representative that I was working with, we'll see what he says.

I will give them some more time, but not very impressed thus far. I had their upper/barrel out for one range trip and it gets all chewed up. :wow:

GSSF17
02-25-2010, 19:28
**Update #2**
Sent pistol/upper to Tacticalsol.com, ~2 weeks later got it back (today). No note, email, phone call - barrel face looks exactly same as when I sent it out. I have email out to the representative that I was working with, we'll see what he says.

I will give them some more time, but not very impressed thus far. I had their upper/barrel out for one range trip and it gets all chewed up. :wow:

Dang..... That's not good. WTF? I thought they were better than that......

hanslowbo
02-26-2010, 23:47
**Update #3**

Email response from tacticalsol summarized:
Nothing wrong found after thorough review...just shoot it...

My response:
I'm concerned that the pac-lite attachment is not safe and doesn't
function as designed/intended. The damage to the barrel face is not
normal and if it's not understood, how do you know the pac-lite upper
is safe to use? I'm not comfortable using the upper in current
condition. Do we have any options such as repair, barrel/shroud
replacement, exchange, or refund?

I don't want to be stuck with $350+ paper weight.

Thank you for your attention,

Well, saga continues... Makes me think of the analogy - yeah, your paint seems to peel off the car as you drive, but I don't know why. Just go and drive it and be happy... If that's as tough as it gets, I should be a gunsmith for tactical solutions.

Still holding out hope that I can get this resolved. Good folks up in Boise (spent a bit of time there), so hoping they see the light and makes things right.

TKM
02-27-2010, 00:23
Bummer, hoped for something more positive.

Tall Pine
12-10-2011, 10:02
So how did this work out? I am thinking of buying one but keep reading about random issues. Now possible poor customer support?

Thx

shadow65
12-11-2011, 08:17
That's bull. They need to take care of this. I had a bad barrel from them and ended up raising enough stink to get it replaced. I sent it back and was told "Their guy could shoot 1/2" groups off hand at 50 yards with my barrel". While I'm sure someone in the world can do that, I doubt it's someone working for Tac Sol using a strange barrel in their receiver.
Dave N

LTR
12-13-2011, 22:02
My first host was a 22/45 with a TacSol threaded upper. Light as a feather. Really too light, hard to hold steady and no hang weight. My can is steel and was wearing the threads. Breach face was already looking bad after a couple of bricks. Sold the whole set up off with full disclosure and purchased one of the new Rugers with factory threaded barrels. YMMV

FCoulter
12-21-2011, 10:26
Looks bad to me.

Tall Pine
12-21-2011, 12:17
Yeah, not looking good. I wish the OP would sign back on and update his story. I keep going back and forth on my purchase decision but have about decided to scrap the pac-lite idea. It looks cool and most all the supressor forums say its the titz, but dang if I want to put up with these kind of issues.

The whole reason we buy Ruger MK's is they last forever and eat whatever you feed 'em. Sounds like the pac-lite would be a gamble at best.