Truglo TFO [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Truglo TFO

polarisfctyrcr13
01-31-2010, 16:11
Going to put some on the glock for IDPA. Anyone tried them? How did you like them?

faawrenchbndr
01-31-2010, 17:03
I liked the sights, very bright, all conditions. Just not very durable.
On my first set the front fiber optic rod fell out. On my second I
had the slide off cleaning it and I dropped the slide about two inches
onto a granite counter top. The impact shattered the fiber optic rod.
Both sets were replaced by Tru Glo,....very good customer service.

I have since moved on to other sights

ultra45
01-31-2010, 18:24
Going to put some on the glock for IDPA. Anyone tried them? How did you like them?

I put the NOVAK Fiber Optic on my Custom built Colt Commander. Red front and green rear. Unfortunately NOVAK does not offer the trinium inserts for night their fiber optic sights. If you don't need fiber optic with trinium inserts for night, I think you will find the NOVAK's more robust.

I might put the True Glo's on my G-19, just to give em a try.

faawrenchbndr
01-31-2010, 18:30
Also forgot to mention,......many have stated that GunScrubber
is very damaging to the Tru Glo TFO sights. Dims them considerably

Alexpag
02-01-2010, 07:58
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1156993

RivRat
02-01-2010, 21:27
I have them on my G20 and they are really bright in daylight and very good at night. My old tired eyes love them.

EL COLONEL
02-02-2010, 06:23
Great sights but gun scrubber killed mine and paint on housing unit is poor , have changed to mepros..:wavey:

A6Gator
02-02-2010, 09:14
I know a few folks that put them on their IDPA guns a couple years ago and they still have them on there, so it's working for them. The only problem I've had w/them on a carry gun is the rear sight started rusting up after a long period of IWB carry in the summer time here. Didn't effect the night sight visuals, just a pain to get clean. I keep the rear sight oiled (not the tubes), so it hasn't been a problem since.

Bullman
02-02-2010, 09:18
Been using mine for 3 years now on my duty gun and I love them. the front tube has gotten loose on mine, but a little super glue (key word LITTLE) fixed it right up. my scores on re quals went up, I think they are great sights. As to people droping them and the sights going dim... I have done that to at least a couple sets of trijicons, no night sight is immune to that sort of handling. With TFOs at least if the tritium quits you, you still have the fiber optic rods to fall back on.