PT1911-induced insecurity? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PT1911-induced insecurity?

Eyescream
01-31-2010, 17:27
I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm more than a little confused and intrigued as to why it seems so many owners of the Taurus 1911s are so quick to offend when aspersions are cast against TEH DOLLAR-FOR-DOLLAR BETS 1911 EVAR?

I mean, I have a piece of Filipino-made MIM trash and it doesn't bother me at all when people talk about Filipino-made MIM trash.

bac1023
01-31-2010, 17:45
:dunno:

I don't know, but I find it irritating.

SouthpawShootr
01-31-2010, 19:12
It's probably (I would rather that it's not) dawning realization that they've been taken, to some degree. Getting taken by the ad hype shows a certain lack of research.

I have one. I also have several fairly decent 1911s of other makes. I don't think the Taurus is junk, but I do recognize it needs help and I have no illusions about these "custom features," most of which are poorly executed. First and foremost would be the front strap "checkering." I don't know what it should be called, but it bears no resemblance whatsoever to real checkering. Anybody who has experienced the real McCoy knows what I'm talking about. I'm going to replace a few things when I get around to it. Make sure it doesn't give me any trouble.

Taurus had an opportunity to enter this market and do really well. Two things would be required. Tight QC and exceptional CS. Unfortunately, so many people's experiences show that these two areas are where Taurus is most heavily deficient.

bnkrtstk
01-31-2010, 19:26
Nobody wants to think their junk is junk. I own one because I wanted an inexpensive 1911 and I got a good deal on it. It has served me well so far, but I know what it is( cheap paper killer, occassional CC) and what is isn't (high end spec-ops custom pistol).

Conversely there are people who have never touched one that jump on the "Taurus is crap" bandwagon and that is just as irritating.

bac1023
01-31-2010, 20:55
Conversely there are people who have never touched one that jump on the "Taurus is crap" bandwagon and that is just as irritating.

I don't like that either. I got burned by the PT1911 and an old Millenium that I owned. I also fired some other Taurus models that I don't care for. However, I've said many times that I like my Taurus revolvers and PT92.

Eyescream
01-31-2010, 20:57
Nobody wants to think their junk is junk. I own one because I wanted an inexpensive 1911 and I got a good deal on it. It has served me well so far, but I know what it is( cheap paper killer, occassional CC) and what is isn't (high end spec-ops custom pistol).

I think that's fair. Especially your last paragraph.

dakrat
01-31-2010, 21:05
I think it has something to do with taurus bad customer service reputation. and their ballsy advertisement of the PT1911.

IMO, taurus' reputation will be scarred for a long long time..

bac1023
01-31-2010, 21:14
I think it has something to do with taurus bad customer service reputation. and their ballsy advertisement of the PT1911.

IMO, taurus' reputation will be scarred for a long long time..

Yeah, their CS kills them.

As for their PT1911 AD campaign, its bad, but nothing like the new Desert Eagle 1911 AD slogan. :steamed:

SouthpawShootr
01-31-2010, 21:25
Yeah, their CS kills them.

As for their PT1911 AD campaign, its bad, but nothing like the new Desert Eagle 1911 AD slogan. :steamed:

Well, it's been demonstrated lots of times that you can let out a few lemons (S&W is a good illustration) or alot (Kel-tec is a good example), but if you have a kick-ass customer service department and you treat your customers right, they won't mind the occasional lemon so much. It's a simple formula, you make a customer happy, he tells friend. If you make a customer unhappy, he gets on the net and tells everybody.

As for the MRI slogan, I'll bet that doesn't last long. Most in the 1911 crowd aren't going to like it. I know I don't.

bac1023
01-31-2010, 21:30
As for the MRI slogan, I'll bet that doesn't last long. Most in the 1911 crowd aren't going to like it. I know I don't.

I think I'm going to email them about it, which is not something I ever do. I know it won't do any good, but damn, that's offensive. I just want my voice heard, at least.

I'll explain how much I think it will hurt its sales from people that actually know 1911s.

Don-wayne
01-31-2010, 22:01
bac
Desert eagle is getting slammed HARD all over the net about that ad. I'm sure thats what JMB has been waiting all these years for. A bul manufactured Chales daley turd under the logo desert eagle.

bac1023
01-31-2010, 22:05
bac
Desert eagle is getting slammed HARD all over the net about that ad. I'm sure thats what JMB has been waiting all these years for. A bul manufactured Chales daley turd under the logo desert eagle.

I'll be surprised if they keep that slogan much longer.

Its in extremely poor taste. Whoever their PR person or people are, they need to go. What the hell were they thinking? How stupid can they be?

ilgunguygt
01-31-2010, 22:12
I'll be surprised if they keep that slogan much longer.

Its in extremely poor taste. Whoever their PR person or people are, they need to go. What the hell were they thinking? How stupid can they be?
Well, at least the ad was effective, we're talking about it.:supergrin:

HAIL CAESAR
01-31-2010, 22:56
Their first shipment was just fine for 500 dollars OTD. Only thing wrong was the ambi's broke like brittle bones but you could have that fixed for $50 dollars and less if you know how to do it yourself.
They had crude front strap checkering and a thin finish, and Tuarus CS is a industry joke. But they were fine for 5 bills OTD. Now the price has went up and quality down and they are no longer worth what they are asking.

But now they are asking almost the same for a Taurus as a Kimber Custom II. Same junk MIM parts and thin finish, but the Kimber if much better fit and workmanship. Plus Kimber has some CS. Same for a Springfield Armory expect they have excellent CS. Taurus is in a price range now were they make no sense.

bac1023
02-01-2010, 05:21
Well, at least the ad was effective, we're talking about it.:supergrin:

:rofl:

cigarlover
02-01-2010, 05:32
I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm more than a little confused and intrigued as to why it seems so many owners of the Taurus 1911s are so quick to offend when aspersions are cast against TEH DOLLAR-FOR-DOLLAR BETS 1911 EVAR?

I mean, I have a piece of Filipino-made MIM trash and it doesn't bother me at all when people talk about Filipino-made MIM trash.

+1 on that.. I see the same thing with the colt, kimber, and sa owners. They act almost as if retarded and then get offended if you say something to them. Oh well- some people got it and some are just plain lacking. We'll just over look those people and keep going on about our business...:yawn:

PlasticGuy
02-01-2010, 10:40
+1 on that.. I see the same thing with the colt, kimber, and sa owners. They act almost as if retarded and then get offended if you say something to them...
The problem is that a lot of guys have one problem with one gun, and become vocally opposed to the entire brand of firearms. For instance, Kimber had some serious issues with their external extractors. Even Kimber fans openly admit that. A lot of guys who had issues with these guns pop up in every Kimber thread with a "Kimber sucks" comment. In reality, Kimbers were good before the external extractors and are now good again since they dropped the external extractors. Objectively that makes sense, but some people feel burned by the company and will never let themselves like their products again no matter how good they may be.

Taurus is different. The PT1911's in this area had a 50% return rate for the first 18 months they were shipping. I know because I was a gun department manager at the time, and did the paperwork on a lot of the returns myself. We got to the point where we would try to talk people out of buying them. When the store tries to talk you out of buying a product that they would make money selling, it's time to listen. That's a chronic problem with that entire series of guns. Why do people get offended when they read that? I suppose they don't want to think they spent $600 on a fragile pos. It doesn't change the fact that it is a pos, but it's understandable.

CAcop
02-01-2010, 11:31
Some people just get emotionally attached to their personal possessions way too much.

Take a look around the gun forums. It happens with every make. There are people who think their Glock is the be all, end all of firearms. I'm sorry but it's not. I have see worn finishes. I have seen rust. I have seen parts break. People get butthurt when I mention this.

I have 4 Sigs. All of them the supposedly rust bucket folded steel slides. Yet I have never seen and rust on them besides the police trade in that was most definately missing the C in CPO. But I knew that going in since it was not a CPO. Does that mean that Sigs do not rust? Of course not. I could probably get mine to rust pretty quick if I did a few things.

Kimbers are supposed to be garbage. Yet the three guys at work have only had problems when we had a shipment of 185 gr ammo that they did not like. My Colt has the same problem with the 230 gr we usually buy if I don't lube it enough. Which brings me to another internet talking point, Colts are crap.

Cars are about the closest thing to guns when it comes to fan loyalty. Have you ever heard people going off on a Ford vs. Chevy debate? Especially when it comes to trucks. If you told a man that his ***** is small and useless you would get a less hostile response than telling him his truck is crap.

Pretty much if it works for you then great. If it doesn't work then don't buy it or realize it is what it is.

As for Taurus 1911s I don't have a problem with them any more than any other gun I do not own or have not shot. I do have a problem with their ad campaign. I am sorry but just because a part that looks like a custom part is bolted onto your gun does not make it the same level as a custom gun. Superior fitting makes it custom quality. Mass production guns will never have custom quality parts on them because they do not have the time to do that and it would them take the gun into custom pricing.

A Taurus 1911 is a good gun if you can get it for the price you want. Every word in that sentence is very important.

itsgottabeapit
02-01-2010, 11:47
Just try to find adjustable rear sights for their "Heine cut"...I looked for a friend.

The Heine cut on the PT1911s is not even close to the standard Heine cut.

But If you don't mind the factory sights that's not a big deal.

cigarlover
02-01-2010, 19:43
The problem is that a lot of guys have one problem with one gun, and become vocally opposed to the entire brand of firearms. For instance, Kimber had some serious issues with their external extractors. Even Kimber fans openly admit that. A lot of guys who had issues with these guns pop up in every Kimber thread with a "Kimber sucks" comment. In reality, Kimbers were good before the external extractors and are now good again since they dropped the external extractors. Objectively that makes sense, but some people feel burned by the company and will never let themselves like their products again no matter how good they may be.

Taurus is different. The PT1911's in this area had a 50% return rate for the first 18 months they were shipping. I know because I was a gun department manager at the time, and did the paperwork on a lot of the returns myself. We got to the point where we would try to talk people out of buying them. When the store tries to talk you out of buying a product that they would make money selling, it's time to listen. That's a chronic problem with that entire series of guns. Why do people get offended when they read that? I suppose they don't want to think they spent $600 on a fragile pos. It doesn't change the fact that it is a pos, but it's understandable.

Sorry- heard a post saying the same about kimber !! thay had the highest return rate on their pistols and that only certain models were worth a darn. I buy all my weapons from a high volume store that sells all makes and models. I am freinds with several of them. Not 1 return has been sent through their store for them. I have several friends with higher round counts on their pt1911's then most here with their customs- without any failures- including mine. Sorry but when someone posts BS- I gotta call you out on it.. but don't worry your not the only one.. And when they first hit the stores they had some issues- yes.. but what gun hasn't ?? smith m&p's, Glocks have had their issues, xd and even hk's. I had a 1911 guy tell me Glocks were a pos and he also was a " so called manager at a gun store" and would advise people away from the glock pistols because they wouldn't hold up to high round counts and they were made of cheap plastic !!- Now you gotta ask yourself- was that opinion or fact ? Am I or my buddies oddballs that just happen to get good pistols from Taurus? Maybe I should play the lottery this week huh ?? Or if someone is reading this post- just go to the taurus forum and you can see the # of happy customers as compared to the few that might have a problem with their pistol... Sorry buddy- your info aint cuttin it- I would have to rate that as opinion over fact... And you know what they say about opinions ??? Hope you have a good day

ronin.45
02-01-2010, 19:57
Taurus had an opportunity to enter this market and do really well. Two things would be required. Tight QC and exceptional CS. Unfortunately, so many people's experiences show that these two areas are where Taurus is most heavily deficient.[/quote]

This is a very true paragraph. Taurus screwed the pooch on this one. I am also a vocal enemy of the Judge concept. It is my opinion that Taurus has some kind of mind control device to convince otherwise sane people that this is a good idea.

bac1023
02-01-2010, 20:25
Just try to find adjustable rear sights for their "Heine cut"...I looked for a friend.

The Heine cut on the PT1911s is not even close to the standard Heine cut.

But If you don't mind the factory sights that's not a big deal.

Yeah, their knock-off Heinie sights, not the normal stuff. They're a cheap version built just for Taurus.

ilgunguygt
02-01-2010, 20:33
Sorry- heard a post saying the same about kimber !! thay had the highest return rate on their pistols and that only certain models were worth a darn. I buy all my weapons from a high volume store that sells all makes and models. I am freinds with several of them. Not 1 return has been sent through their store for them. I have several friends with higher round counts on their pt1911's then most here with their customs- without any failures- including mine. Sorry but when someone posts BS- I gotta call you out on it.. but don't worry your not the only one.. And when they first hit the stores they had some issues- yes.. but what gun hasn't ?? smith m&p's, Glocks have had their issues, xd and even hk's. I had a 1911 guy tell me Glocks were a pos and he also was a " so called manager at a gun store" and would advise people away from the glock pistols because they wouldn't hold up to high round counts and they were made of cheap plastic !!- Now you gotta ask yourself- was that opinion or fact ? Am I or my buddies oddballs that just happen to get good pistols from Taurus? Maybe I should play the lottery this week huh ?? Or if someone is reading this post- just go to the taurus forum and you can see the # of happy customers as compared to the few that might have a problem with their pistol... Sorry buddy- your info aint cuttin it- I would have to rate that as opinion over fact... And you know what they say about opinions ??? Hope you have a good day
And you proved nothing. Nothing to back up anything you say. How about those people who are posting that bought that abortion that taurus calls a 1911 and had problems?

Its a cheap gun, not cheap like inexpensive, cheap like junk.

PlasticGuy
02-01-2010, 21:23
Good job proving the original poster's point. Irrational and emotional Taurus fan who would rather ignore the experiences of those around them than admit that the gun has faults. Even calling me a liar. Wow.

I've got an image in my head of you jumping up and down while screaming "The Earth is flat, the Earth is flat!" But it's still a free country (more or less). Believe whatever you want.

Tmygun
02-01-2010, 21:56

faawrenchbndr
02-01-2010, 22:09
I really think you guys should leave this one alone and discuss the more positive things about any make of gun.....

Ok,....give me TEN positive things about the Taurus PT1911. :dunno:

HAIL CAESAR
02-01-2010, 22:19
I have several friends with higher round counts on their pt1911's then most here with their customs-

Glad you said "most". With a back injury I am getting over I am just reloading. I made 500'ish tonight and hope to have 10,000 done before I can go out and hammer away. I only make 10k at a time because that is all the brass I have.

Not may guys that have PT1911's shoot A LOT. The reason is if they shot alot they would have better guns than PT1911's.

Tmygun
02-01-2010, 22:31

HAIL CAESAR
02-01-2010, 22:35
Did it ever occur to you that many of us can't aford to shoot "better" guns.

Tmygun:whistling:

If you are shooting that much the cost of a high dollar gun over a PT1911 is trivial to ammo cost.

Tmygun
02-01-2010, 22:37

faawrenchbndr
02-01-2010, 22:40
Did it ever occur to you that many of us can't aford to shoot "better" guns....

It took me 15 years before I got my first 1911. Eventually with enough
trading and bit by bit upgrading I now own a Ed Brown Kobra Carry.
This is the one I've wanted for years. I love it!

If you are happy with the Taurus, great. But stand by your decision.
If it's a stepping stone, fine. I had many like that.

HAIL CAESAR
02-01-2010, 22:44
I make do casting my own bullets, gathering brass at the range, etc. You'd be surprised at how much us poor people can shoot:tongueout:.

Tmygun:supergrin:

I sweep up range brass too. I buy in huge bulk with some other shooters and reload. I only buy quality once and get the crying over with one time only.

Tmygun
02-01-2010, 22:50

HAIL CAESAR
02-02-2010, 01:44
It's really disappointing how much powder and primers have gone up in price the past few years. The distributors use the war, obama, and every other excuse to gouge everyone. Many of them aren't friends of the shooting sport anymore, just another money making racket.

Tmygun:crying:

Well there is a war, but most of it has to do with China's industrial boom driving raw metal prices through the roof. That and hoarders stocking up on ammo they will never shoot in a lifetime are making ammo and components scarce this driving up prices.

I (as part of a group)have had a back order of 200K CCI small rifle primers for about a year. But we will get them sometime.

We have a order of 500K of large pistol primers too, 500K small pistol, and I drive the 1 ton over to the bullet maker to pick up 100 to 200K bullets at a time.

Plus I shoot Rex powder that I buy in 25 pound boxes.

My Son runs my old shop so we get the components at dealer cost. But the new prices still do stink.

Tmygun
02-02-2010, 04:34

ilgunguygt
02-02-2010, 08:59
Your mention of metal prices puts me in mind of the sitiuation a few years ago when surplus military ammo (ammo made 50 or more years ago) was going up sky high because of rising metal prices. Now, I can see the raw metal prices going up because of China, but the people gouging on the price of this old surplus ammo because of rising metal prices was outright disgusting. They expected us to believe that China wanted some decades old ammo (and were going to take the time to dismantle it)to use in building bridges or buildings???!!! I remember, it was the raw metals and gas prices driving everything up then. Now it's the war, gas prices, and the economy. They enjoy something/anything going wrong in the world to have some excuse to gouge.
Now don't get me wrong, I know prices fluctuate on everything from time to time. But not triple and quadruple the prices like we've seen.
Sorry for the rant. I'm just as much a capitalist as anyone, but some greedy suppliers use the supply and demand thing to stick it to whoever they can.
Ok, I feel better now:supergrin:

Tmygun
Its ok, just keep shooting and reloading. We all feel that way.:wavey:

ithaca_deerslayer
02-02-2010, 11:01

Don't know. I haven't owned other 1911s so I can't compare.

I could only compare on the features I liked and what felt right in my hand for the money I had available. So that's why I bought one.

Here's my review so far
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178968

sns3guppy
02-02-2010, 11:26

Sure, but I quickly dismissed it as foolishness. Let's face it...eight fifty for a taurus (that's not the equal of a four hundred dollar Filipino copy)...you could have an excellent 1911 of a number of different makes for the same value, less, or slightly more...but still try to justify the Taurus to yourself, anyway.

A glock can be had for less. Many Sigs can be had for less, as can Beretta, etc. Certainly if one can afford a Taurus, afford to shoot better firearms. That one doesn't should be blamed on poverty, after all, because one has already spent the money on a cheap weapon. Don't excuse a poor choice by appealing to the pocketbook. The fact that one has bought the Taurus negates that argument from the get-go.

You'd be surprised at how much us poor people can shoot

So much for the "too poor to buy better" argument.

I really think you guys should leave this one alone and discuss the more positive things about any make of gun. Even though I'm the guy who instigated this thread (through no fault of my own), I don't think it's very profitable to keep it going.

The one who keeps it going...is you; the most prolific poster in the thread...and interestingly, one of the most ardent defenders of the Taurus 1911.

There is always someone that's gonna have a gripe against every make of gun around.

This is quite true. It just happens that there are a lot more people who have a gripe with the Taurus 1911 than most other weapons...and in the 1911 forum, where people appreciate the 1911...it's nearly universally unappreciated. With good reason.

Tmygun
02-02-2010, 13:02

PlasticGuy
02-02-2010, 13:14
That's more than fair. I was that guy during college, and for a few years after. I had an eye for Wilson, Baer, and Brown, but only a fraction of the budget required if I wanted to put food on the table and pay a utility bill every so often.

Here's the secret though, which I found out the hard way once or twice: It's always better to give up features rather than quality. My 1911's for quite a while were a Springield GI and a Kimber Stainless series I. They didn't have many of the features or nearly the fit and finish of the custom guns, but they worked great. That Kimber Stainless is still one of my favorite guns of all time. We've been through a lot of classes and training together, and it just keeps chugging along with boring regularity and putting bullets where I want them. It's been through thousands of rounds, and never had a dollar spent on fixing anything. Will guys be saying that about their PT1911's in another 10 years?

HAIL CAESAR
02-02-2010, 14:43
Last week my Son sold a very low round count Kimber TLE that had an idiot scratch and some kydex scuffs for 7 1/2 bills. Not that I am a big Kimber cheerleader but even I will admit Kimbers are leaps and bounds better than a Tauri.

If I was tight on cash I would rather have a used Kimber TLE with the same "features" of a new Taurus with compatible pricing.

Taurus selling in the 400 range I can understand, higher than that....no way.

bnkrtstk
02-02-2010, 16:22
I own one and have had a few FTF's with the Taurus magazines, I switched to CMC and Wilson and have no problems.

I have owned other 1911's. The Springfield Champion was a lemon and after repeated trips to SA I sold it. I had a Norinco that functioned flawlessly with ball ammo only, a Llama that would eat anything I fed it, accuracy was consistently minute of mansize silhouette at 15 yards. I had two Colts, one full size1991A1 that was consistent once the feed ramp was polished, and an Officers Model that never missed a beat and was accurate enough for a SD pistol and I still kick myself for selling it. But heating the house that winter was more important to me.

Eyescream
02-02-2010, 16:52
Heat is way important. So is water. I can't fault anybody for that kind of decision.

Jason D
02-02-2010, 18:18
It's just a new take in an old game.

Today it's Taurus
One other mostly hated gun was the Sigma. The gun came out in 1994, and it only now is getting over the stink of the early generation.

I am not at all surprised that someone new to the 1911 game had some troubles when they first start up. The 1911 has been around for 100 years now, and all the bugs have been worked out. If Taurus sticks with the gun, and addresses their customer complaints. I am sure the gun will turn out to be a fine economical piece.

bac1023
02-02-2010, 21:11
Many Taurus threads lately. :wow:

Eyescream
02-02-2010, 21:25
http://www.twelve56creative.com/pics/forumlulz/krazy.gif

Jason D
02-03-2010, 16:19
http://www.twelve56creative.com/pics/forumlulz/krazy.gif

:rofl:

I laugh every time I see that.
Mayhaps you can get Sharon to add it to the smilies list.
It could be called Scream.

sns3guppy
02-04-2010, 08:05
First off, I didn't pay anywhere near $850.00 for my Tarus PT1911!!!!! Where are you getting that price from???

Nobody said you did. Ithaca Deer Slayer paid that for his Taurus. Then again, you said you instigated this thread...when you really didn't.

Go back and read my original thread on converting a Taurus to shoot 45 Super, and tell me where I was an "ardent supporter".

That would be a different thread, you see. You understand the difference?

However, seeing as you asked...from "your" thread...

It seems a very well made, accurate pistol to me.

I'm not telling anyone that this pistol is anywhere near a top end 1911 worth $1500.00 to $2000.00, but for the money, it's no piece of junk (by any stretch of the imagination) either.

I am happy with my PT1911.

Then again, you're the guy who asks us if we bothered to consider that "you poor people" couldn't afford a better handgun...yet challenges us to run five thousand rounds through a Taurus before we are allowed to comment on it...insinuating that you've done so. If you can afford to run that amount of ammunition through your handgun, then you can definitely afford a better handgun. But then, you haven't run five thousand rounds through yours either, have you?

You, sir, need to learn some manners and respect. Learn the facts before you speak.

Well...you got the "sir" part right. About the rest...you need to work on that.

As I said in your "other thread," your posts certainly appear to be flame bait.

faawrenchbndr
02-04-2010, 11:50
....I'm really amazed at how arrogant and judgmental some people are here:dunno:......, need to learn some manners and respect. Learn the facts before you speak. :

Wow,......just WOW! :faint:
What was that Ace Ventura used to say,.......?:whistling:

Tmygun
02-04-2010, 14:21

MD357
02-04-2010, 15:04
As I've said in my prior post, I'm done with this forum. Too many insulting, judgmental snobs here. I should have just ended it when I did. It seems the people with the most post's have the biggest mouths and nastiest attitudes. As I've also said before, I've never treated anyone like this on any gun forum (and I've been on a few) but I've been repeatedly treated like garbage on this forum. I'll stick to the Glock forum where they don't insinuate, fabricate, or otherwise defame you.
See ya!!!!! And I mean it this time:wavey:.

Tmygun

http://lineout.thestranger.com/files/2007/11/crybaby.jpg

Tmygun
02-04-2010, 15:13

pistolwrench
02-04-2010, 16:06
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=259562

ilgunguygt
02-04-2010, 16:33
Originally Posted by Tmygun http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14684848#post14684848)
As I've said in my prior post, I'm done with this forum. Too many insulting, judgmental snobs here. I should have just ended it when I did. It seems the people with the most post's have the biggest mouths and nastiest attitudes. As I've also said before, I've never treated anyone like this on any gun forum (and I've been on a few) but I've been repeatedly treated like garbage on this forum. I'll stick to the Glock forum where they don't insinuate, fabricate, or otherwise defame you.
See ya!!!!! And I mean it this time:wavey:.

Tmygun

The glock forum may be your best bet. Over there everyone drinks the same kool-aid and chants "Gaston, Gaston, Gaston" in unison.

Jason D
02-04-2010, 16:51
Originally Posted by Tmygun
See ya!!!!! And I mean it this time.

Tmygun

Slow yo roll there Mack.

You know what they say about rectums being like opinions?
Everybody has one....

If I took everyones opinion to heart, I wouldn't own anything. There will always be haters, that hate things and bad mouth it every chance they get.
I am a fan of the 1911. I have my prejudices when it comes to them, but wouldn't begrudge someone from owning what they want.

Hell, I am also a fan of the S&W Sigma. Do you know how much abuse those guns receive? The two guns I have are 1999 era VE models. They have well over 10K rounds through both, and have always been reliable. I couldn't care less what other people say about them. I like them, and that's that.

If you are a fan of the Taurus 1911, well more power to you. I hope yours it a fine weapon that will do all you ever want it to. To toss a little fit like that is a little childish though. You shouldn't lump everyone here in with those who badmouth your particular piece.

RonS
02-04-2010, 17:10
That's more than fair. I was that guy during college, and for a few years after. I had an eye for Wilson, Baer, and Brown, but only a fraction of the budget required if I wanted to put food on the table and pay a utility bill every so often.

Here's the secret though, which I found out the hard way once or twice: It's always better to give up features rather than quality. My 1911's for quite a while were a Springield GI and a Kimber Stainless series I. They didn't have many of the features or nearly the fit and finish of the custom guns, but they worked great. That Kimber Stainless is still one of my favorite guns of all time. We've been through a lot of classes and training together, and it just keeps chugging along with boring regularity and putting bullets where I want them. It's been through thousands of rounds, and never had a dollar spent on fixing anything. Will guys be saying that about their PT1911's in another 10 years?

Very good point.

I have defended Taurus on many occasions based on my experiences as a PT92 owner, but after that horrible ad campaign for the PT1911 where they tried to equate the value of mass produced standard components on their gun to deluxe quality components hand fitted to a customer gun by a name gunsmith, they lost me as a supporter forever. It was insulting to the intelligence of the customer and deceptive.

sns3guppy
02-04-2010, 17:54
See ya!!!!! And I mean it this time.

Not really sure what you're saying here, but if I had to draw a conclusion, I'd have to say you're unhappy.

But this isn't the first of this kind of drivel here, is it? It also didn't turn out to be your last post, after all, did it?

No, you've posted this material before. Here, only a few days, and sour flame-bait right off the bat, consistent through and through.

We'd review it, but you've deleted all your posts. Just as well.

Why is it that when people throw a tantrum on a web board, they feel the need to give a juvenile childish rant expressing their "goodby, cruel world, I'm leaving, don't try to stop me, you bad people" speech?

The crying baby picture fits, to a tee.

Tmygun
02-04-2010, 22:53

faawrenchbndr
02-04-2010, 22:58
Dude,.......I thought you said you were "done with this forum"?!:whistling:

Tmygun
02-04-2010, 23:03
Yes, you're right, I refuse to stoop to their level of ignorance. My apologies.

Tmygun

MD357
02-04-2010, 23:07
Yes, you're right, I reufse to stoop to their level of ignorance. My apologies.

Tmygun

:rofl: You didn't have to delete the pic of a horses arse..... I can take people talking trash on the internet. :supergrin:

Honestly, I have to say that you rarely see meltdowns like this on an ADULT board. Have a cold one on me and relax Francis.

R*E
02-04-2010, 23:10
I think it's odd when people go back and delete their posts.

sns3guppy
02-04-2010, 23:21
Yes, you're right, I refuse to stoop to their level of ignorance. My apologies.

Tmygun

Still not done, then?