Ammo Shopping Advice...? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Shopping Advice...?

oISHUTupNrocKIo
01-31-2010, 22:53
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a Glock 20 in March and I was wondering where can I buy it at a good price? I've been searching for about a week and I can't find reasonable prices. The best price was MidwayUSA Blazer Brass 200 Gr FMJ 50 RDs for $24.99 on back-order. Buying 500 RDs there is cheaper than Cabela's bulk 10mm. I mean, the price and rarity of ammo is stearing me away from what is the most powerful Glock... so, help would be much appreciated.

Joshhtn
01-31-2010, 22:59
10mm aint cheap.

oISHUTupNrocKIo
01-31-2010, 23:13
10mm aint cheap.
Its not? Oh man, I didn't know, I shouldn't of made this thread then:impatient:...

I made this thread to see if someone has somewhere they can get it at a reasonable price... at least $20 a box of 50 RDs.

carbofan21
01-31-2010, 23:30
$20 for 50 rounds? good luck

CanyonMan
01-31-2010, 23:55
i Don't know if your state has gun shows or not, but here in Texas, I can make an almost 5 hour drive to get to Dallas, and have bought G20's for 449.00 +tax with standard sights. Ammo the same. I reload so i do not worry much about the ammo end of things, yet I do go there to buy some reloading components. So, I don't know if this helps ya Hoss, but of you have them there, do try the gun shows. I find the prices are far cheaper than a gun store, and cheaper than online "buy without seeing prices....."

The only suggestion I have for ya is to try a gun show if ya can.

Good luck to ya

CM

the iceman
02-01-2010, 00:18
$20 for 50 rounds? good luck

Georgia Arms might be the closest to that price.

carbofan21
02-01-2010, 00:23
Georgia Arms might be the closest to that price.

yeah, probably his best bet. i've never ordered from them, but their reputation is good. i wonder what their lead times are these days?

oISHUTupNrocKIo
02-01-2010, 00:54
i Don't know if your state has gun shows or not, but here in Texas, I can make an almost 5 hour drive to get to Dallas, and have bought G20's for 449.00 +tax with standard sights. Ammo the same. I reload so i do not worry much about the ammo end of things, yet I do go there to buy some reloading components. So, I don't know if this helps ya Hoss, but of you have them there, do try the gun shows. I find the prices are far cheaper than a gun store, and cheaper than online "buy without seeing prices....."

The only suggestion I have for ya is to try a gun show if ya can.

Good luck to ya

CM
I do go to gun shows, haven't recently, but I get to them when I can. I'm going to one March 14th, 750 tables, should be fun. But it seems like every table is the same and gets on my nerves when everyone is selling the same thing... last time I was there I seen one table out of about 200 ammo tables with 10mm.

Brian Lee
02-01-2010, 01:24
yeah, probably his best bet. i've never ordered from them, but their reputation is good. i wonder what their lead times are these days?

The only time I tried to order from Georgia Arms was about a year ago, it took 4 weeks to get an email saying that they did not have the projectiles in stock, and didn't know when they'd have any, so I canceled the order.

A few months later I called on the phone to ask if they had the 10MM loads I wanted in stock before placing the order on the web site - due to the experience last time around. The lady checked, and the answer was "no", no 10MM in stock, even though the web site didn't say anything about stock on hand, and it was accepting orders for the loads they didn't have. I said "no thanks" and forgot it.

It's too bad, because I wanted to try them out since I'd been looking for a new source for online ammo. But in all fairness, the ammo & component shortage was pretty bad a year ago, and things may be different now, but I'll be sure to call and check on their stock before ordering from now on.

carbofan21
02-01-2010, 02:44
The only time I tried to order from Georgia Arms was about a year ago, it took 4 weeks to get an email saying that they did not have the projectiles in stock, and didn't know when they'd have any, so I canceled the order.

A few months later I called on the phone to ask if they had the 10MM loads I wanted in stock before placing the order on the web site - due to the experience last time around. The lady checked, and the answer was "no", no 10MM in stock, even though the web site didn't say anything about stock on hand, and it was accepting orders for the loads they didn't have. I said "no thanks" and forgot it.

It's too bad, because I wanted to try them out since I'd been looking for a new source for online ammo. But in all fairness, the ammo & component shortage was pretty bad a year ago, and things may be different now, but I'll be sure to call and check on their stock before ordering from now on.

yeah hopefully things aren't as bad as last year. another place to try is reeds:

http://shop.reedsammo.com/category.sc?categoryId=16

CanyonMan
02-01-2010, 08:45
I do go to gun shows, haven't recently, but I get to them when I can. I'm going to one March 14th, 750 tables, should be fun. But it seems like every table is the same and gets on my nerves when everyone is selling the same thing... last time I was there I seen one table out of about 200 ammo tables with 10mm.

You do have a good point there. It is about the same in Texas as well. I am only there for the reloading supplies, but have noticed that factory ammo for te 10mm is slim compared to the other calibers. That is probably going to be normal any where, unless you buy iy on line.

Good luck
God shooting

CanyonMan

Eagle22
02-01-2010, 08:48
Ammo Engine dot com

10 mm http://www.ammoengine.com/find/ammo/10mm

jaybirdjtt
02-01-2010, 16:13
Cabela's online,$.63 each in bulk. Something like that. If I didn't reload I wouldn't get a 10mm..........or anything else for that matter. Well, 9mm can be had reasonable prices but still reloaded for alot less!

Glock+2
02-02-2010, 20:25
buy what you can afford to shoot.......:dunno:

firedawg60
02-05-2010, 13:52
:goodpost:

I just saw ammo to go http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/10mm-fmj-ammo has 10mm for 24.99/50. Good luck.