Double feeds/FTE&Es with AA .22 conversion kit [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Double feeds/FTE&Es with AA .22 conversion kit

jerryrigger
02-01-2010, 00:54
So I took my G23 out a couple days ago to try out the new AA .22 conversion kit I bought for it, but, rather disappointingly, I experienced failures to extract and eject on almost every round. I was using CCI mini mag ammo, which I though would have been hot enough to make the kit cycle, but something must have been going wrong. If anyone has an idea what might be wrong or any other info I could provide to help those more experienced with AA kits better diagnose the problem, I'd love to hear about it. Thanks a lot!

Brucev
02-01-2010, 12:08
Just some thoughts, but first I'd look at cleaning everything thoroughly. I would closely examine and clean the magazines. I would carefully cycle the action observing the movement of the round from magazine to chamber looking for any problems. Then I'd buy a variety of .22LR ammo to try in the pistol. There have been many reports of how very well the AA unit functions. I would expect that the above steps mentioned would most likely resolve your problems. HTH. Sincerely. Brucev.

JWP
02-01-2010, 18:55
contact aa, i bought a used g19 kit and it had issues feeding [like 10 yrs ago] - steve from aa said send it in

he remachined the slide and fixed the problem gratis

MSBullock
02-07-2010, 06:30
I just got the conversion kit for my 23. After talking to the shop that sold me the gun, and reading here online; the first thing I did was disassemble the AA slide and cleaned it extremely well. The other recommendation I picked up is that you need to oil the AA slide more than you need to oil a glocks. So I put about twice as much oil as I do on my glock slide and made sure to get it worked in on the small connector that grabs the AA barrel. Went to the range with some CCI Mini-Mags and shot all 100 without an issue. I could fire that sucker as fast or slow as I wanted and not a single hiccup. The only other suggestion I have is to let the slide release put the bullet in the chamber. When my friend I went with tried "babying" the slide to put the round in the barrel it didn't look right, so we pulled the mag, reloaded the round in the mag, and let the slide slam shut and the thing fired like a champ.
Let us know if that fixes it, or if you had to send it back to AA.