I want a ak-47, only owned ar-15's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I want a ak-47, only owned ar-15's

MADDOG SCOTT
02-01-2010, 18:55
I know nothing really about them (have shot many) but want a good brand, new, I like the AK 47 Yugoslavian M70, I like the underfolders. I have looked at the Lancaster site and thier ak's, how do the rate? ALSO HAVE LOOKED AT THE CENTURY SITE, THE VECTORS, ETC. Who are the best manufactures and best warrentys and who makes the best guns? What company is the best importers? What about the american co's that make them with some imported parts and with us parts. I guess what I am asking is you all that are very knowledge in the ak-47's witch company and gun would you buy for dependiblity and looks and function? Thanks for all your help, really wanting to get into ak's. Thanks.

surety agent 1
02-01-2010, 21:07
One of the best deals going is the arsenal sgl 20. You can order one from k-var.com for 650.00 I bought a couple when they were on sale for 499.00 in nov. I would pay the 650.00 to replace it. It's an outstanding rifle. Look on gunbroker there's a company called tgi I think that sells converted saigas for 529.00 If u want to go cheap classicarms.us.

andyffer
02-01-2010, 21:24
I own a Lancaster and I love it. Not an underfolder though

seed
02-02-2010, 10:56
I just got an SGL20...have yet to try it out, but I am confident in my choice. Why? Well I read a bunch of threads right here and elsewhere. An excellent place to read is AR15.com in their AK-47 forums. Read as much as you can and then decide if you want to go milled (not necessary, but nice in my opinion) or much more available and affordable stamped. Personally, I would definitely get a reputable example and not go for something like a WASR, until such time you feel the need to start a collection. Rule of thumb for me: go Arsenal Saiga and you won't go wrong.

New2GT
02-02-2010, 11:33
I just ordered an sgl-20 last sat from k-var.com
. Hasn't got here yet but I feel good about my choice. Went with the NATO stock and plum furniture.

Paid $650 ... I didn't realize they were $499 in nov. Though after I ordered mine I wanted to handle one asap - went to my local gun store and handled one (black, Warsaw stock) that they were asking $989 for. That made me feel pretty good.

PlasticGuy
02-02-2010, 14:18
If you want an AK folder, I'd strongly suggest an Arsenal 107fr. The underfolders are compact, but there is no way to get a good cheek weld on them. I had a very nice Yugo underfolder, and sold it because it was much harder to shoot well.

The 107f side folder is simply the best folding AK stock out there, folding into a compact package but shooting no differently than a fixed stock when opened up. Gabe Suarez, the top dog of the AK training crowd, loves them also. He used a shorter barreled version (the 107ur) for the bases of his beloved "Suchka" that you see in a lot of his recent pictures. I have been a hardcore AK guy for quite a while, and the 107fr is probably the most versatile AK I've ever used.

Teej
02-04-2010, 15:03
What about Norinco's?