gun shop rip off ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun shop rip off ?

zukyota
02-01-2010, 18:41
I bought A RRA AR 15 from A gun shop saturday. They told me it was new & it had A chrome lined barrel. After talking on AR.COM, some folks told me to make sure it had the clb. I called RRA & they ran the #'s on the lower & they told me the lower was sold as A stripped lower :wow:. I called & talked to A friend who builds AR's & he told me what the gun shop did was illegal. Is this true ? When I called the shop & told them what RRA said, they told me to bring the gun back. About 5 minutes later they called again & said after some research they had made A mistake & put the wrong tag on the gun & sold it as A new gun. They said they have A new one just like it in the box & I could get RRA to verify the #'s & they would swap mine out. They also said the gun I have was built by someone & traded in. What would you do ? I want to swap the gun for the new one after I verify it's new, I'm just aggravated about the "mixup" Any advice ?

raven11
02-01-2010, 18:45
i say if the gunshop is fessing up to the mixup and offering a fix then give them the rifle to exchange

that is one shady shop though and i wouldn't shop there again

MaximaDrvr
02-01-2010, 18:46
I would verify the numbers and exchange for the new one that was supposed to be yours.

K. Foster
02-01-2010, 18:56
I agree. If the shop’s willing to make it right, let them. No harm, no foul, this time. But I’d be careful about dealing with them in the future.

faawrenchbndr
02-01-2010, 18:59
I agree. If the shop’s willing to make it right, let them. No harm, no foul, this time. But I’d be careful about dealing with them in the future.

This would be my plan,......

Mayhem like Me
02-01-2010, 19:14
Agree with above sounds like they either made an honest mistake ORRRRRRR were caught red handed,,,,,, either way go in ASAP and get what you paid for.

zukyota
02-01-2010, 19:26
I'm thinking red handed, but as long as I get what I wanted all is good. Last time I shop there though.

GAFinch
02-01-2010, 20:02
You could also keep the current gun and get a partial refund or store credit. Wouldn't have a warranty, though.

TKM
02-01-2010, 20:05
A little matter of FET rears its ugly head.

thisaway
02-01-2010, 20:07
I'm thinking red handed, but as long as I get what I wanted all is good. Last time I shop there though.

+1 on that

DYLANB80
02-01-2010, 21:22
Sounds like to me they got busted. Get what they owe you and tell them to stick it.

plainsman
02-01-2010, 21:45
Who knows, maybe the parts gun might be better.......

HAIL CAESAR
02-02-2010, 02:10

That is what I would do. And also you don't have to capitalize "A" every time you us it. As in a gun, a car, a anything.

panzer1
02-02-2010, 02:19
i say if the gunshop is fessing up to the mixup and offering a fix then give them the rifle to exchange

that is one shady shop though and i wouldn't shop there againNow how is that "One shady shop"? Maybe it was just a mix up by someone that worked there? They are makeing good on it are they not?

markman
02-02-2010, 05:10
I'd personally demand my money back and never shop there again! I don't believe I could trust them!

zukyota
02-02-2010, 12:27
went to get replacment gun and was told it had a chrome lined barrel, called RRA to confirm gun & they told me it did not have chrome lined barrel. The shop is shotgun supply in Saks,Al. DO NOT SHOP THERE !

remember911
02-02-2010, 13:14
Thats not the way guns come in my shop or leave. :wow: New is new in box with S# on box and gun.Thats why he came back with that offer. Hope things work out

HAIL CAESAR
02-02-2010, 13:30
went to get replacment gun and was told it had a chrome lined barrel, called RRA to confirm gun & they told me it did not have chrome lined barrel. The shop is shotgun supply in Saks,Al. DO NOT SHOP THERE !

Well then I hope you got your money back.

K. Foster
02-02-2010, 16:36

Differentiating between chrome and unlined is not difficult. You should be able to see the chrome in the chamber. That is inexcusable on their part!!!
Hope you got your money back.

zukyota
02-02-2010, 17:22
Differentiating between chrome and unlined is not difficult. You should be able to see the chrome in the chamber. That is inexcusable on their part!!!
Hope you got your money back.
I got my money back, now I need a rifle.

frankmako
02-02-2010, 17:53
good that you got your $ back. that is the problems with must gun shops these day. they are trying to beat someone. hard to find a good gun store.

WayaX
02-02-2010, 20:37
I have been to gun stores where the employees know absolutely nothing about what sits on their shelves. They may not know about chrome lining or even that many people build rifles from stripped lowers. They may have sold you the gun out of ignorance. Is that a foul on their part? yes.

However, they made everything right in the end, so here is what I would do: If the shop has really good prices, buy from them but do your research first. If they're as pricey as most small gun shops are, take your money elsewhere.

lawman800
02-02-2010, 21:36
I bought A RRA AR 15 from A gun shop saturday. They told me it was new & it had A chrome lined barrel. After talking on AR.COM, some folks told me to make sure it had the clb. I called RRA & they ran the #'s on the lower & they told me the lower was sold as A stripped lower :wow:. I called & talked to A friend who builds AR's & he told me what the gun shop did was illegal. Is this true ? When I called the shop & told them what RRA said, they told me to bring the gun back. About 5 minutes later they called again & said after some research they had made A mistake & put the wrong tag on the gun & sold it as A new gun. They said they have A new one just like it in the box & I could get RRA to verify the #'s & they would swap mine out. They also said the gun I have was built by someone & traded in. What would you do ? I want to swap the gun for the new one after I verify it's new, I'm just aggravated about the "mixup" Any advice ?

I call bull****.

If the part was sold as a stripped lower, someone built it into a rifle and I am pretty sure it's not someone that worked at the gunstore and then put it up for sale as a NEW complete rifle.

If someone sold it to the store in complete rifle form, no way would a store get that mixed in as a NEW rifle since it came from a private party, not a FFL or distributor. No private sale to a dealer can be considered "NEW", they can call it NIB or LNIB or As New or whatever, but once a gun has been transferred to a private person, it's no longer new.

I would never go back there ever. That, plus the CLB issue means I will never trust that place to even buy ammo. They might give you reloads in a Winchester box.