wrong 870 extension tube? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : wrong 870 extension tube?

1canvas
02-03-2010, 07:38
a while back i ordered a magazine extension tube for my 870 and never put it on. a couple of weeks ago i put it on and it extends about an inch beyond my 20'' barrel. is this a problem? it looks kinda weird sticking out there forward of the barrel. i thought of trading it for a shorter one but the idea of having those extra rounds ready to go is comforting. the down side it really adds weight to the gun.

aippi
02-03-2010, 12:19
what brand is it. FYI - the Remington three shot tube extension does extend 1/2 inch past the barrel. this is not an issue to be concerned with. LEO's have been using them for many years set up the exact same way.

You are stating "about an inch" so I am unsure which tube you bought.

1canvas
02-03-2010, 16:29
its probably 1/2'', its not much. i can't remember what brand but its well made. the gun handles so much better with out it so that got me thinking of a +1 or +2.

WellArmedSheep
02-03-2010, 16:40
If your barrel is threaded for chokes you can improve the aesthetics by installing an extended/knurled choke tube (Briley makes them).

1canvas
02-03-2010, 21:53
no threads. i'll just keep it for really bad times. i will probably buy a plus 1 or 2 for handling purposes for now. stock it only holds 4 in the tube with the chamber empty, i need 1 or 2 more to be comfortable. i also thought of one of those side saddles to keep the weight back for quick handling.

GlockPride
02-03-2010, 21:56
No problem at all. The shot is nowhere near expanding by that point. I like the look of the extension being longer than the barrel. I seems like I remember seeing a lot of 3 gun shotguns set-up this way???

aippi
02-03-2010, 22:16
The 870P has been coming with a 20" barrel and that same 3 shot tube for decades and has not been an issue. I you will simple leave it set up like you have it and spend some trigger time with it, I think you adjust and decide to leave the weapon set up that way.