CW9 Trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Trigger

kimberguy2004
02-03-2010, 12:16
Does the CW9 have the Elite trigger? Just wondering since it appears to be priced as an entry level gun compared to their other models.

toddmog
02-03-2010, 12:50
Does the CW9 have the Elite trigger? Just wondering since it appears to be priced as an entry level gun compared to their other models.

The CW line is the budget line for Kahr. The stock trigger is decent though.

ripley16
02-03-2010, 13:29
I beg to differ. All Kahrs come with the same trigger except the K9, which may also have the longer stroke NYPD trigger.
http://www.kahr.com/DL/KahrSpecChart.pdf

toddmog, Can you cite a source for this info?

The CW line is the budget line for Kahr. The CW9 does not have the elite trigger. The stock trigger is decent though.

toddmog
02-03-2010, 15:20
I beg to differ. All Kahrs come with the same trigger except the K9, which may also have the longer stroke NYPD trigger.
http://www.kahr.com/DL/KahrSpecChart.pdf

toddmog, Can you cite a source for this info?

I stand corrected and bow to your superior research. :supergrin: Evidently, Kahr has been putting the elite triggers in all models except the K9 since early 2001.

wingsprint
02-04-2010, 03:13
The trigger in the CW's and other Kahr handguns is quite possibly the best DAO trigger I have ever used. Very sweet.

frank_drebin
02-04-2010, 22:41
So many people kind of talk the CW series down but I gotta say, the tapered slide of the CW is MUCH better for concealed carry and holstering than the P or PM series. I wish my PM40 had the tapered slide.

kimberguy2004
02-05-2010, 19:24
I took the CW9 to the range today for it's first test drive, and I was reasonably impressed with the trigger. It's not a 1911, but it's pretty smooth and not horrendously heavy, very similar to a Smith trigger and hands above any Glock I've owned. It shoots better than I can and for a lightweight carry semi-auto that's not a mouse gun, I think I'm gonna like it. My wife picked it up and looked at it and she liked it so I may have to get myself another one after she shoots this one..

I bought it from Dave Dawson and we were talking about them as I had asked why the CW9 was the only gun in the Kahr line that he chose to sell. He said he test fired the first one that came in and he was shooting ragged hole head shots at 30 yards. Well, you have to understand that Dawson is a Grand Master, but.... he couldn't believe that a small gun would shoot like that so he tried the next several that came in and they all shot the same way. That sold him.