strange 10mm ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : strange 10mm ammo

jetsfan-24
02-03-2010, 19:33
i got some new 10 mm ammo i don,t know much about it any help it,s from i.r.services sanantonio,tx

RyeDaddy
02-04-2010, 09:49
You bought ammo from the IRS?

Sorry, don't have any useful info, what does it say on the box? Do you have a pic of the ammo and packaging?

jetsfan-24
02-04-2010, 12:29
i got the ammo from a sport shop it,s says it,s new ammo on the box it,s in win brass it,s factory sealed and wraped in plastic but thats all the info i have on it

PATRICE
02-04-2010, 19:11

jetsfan-24
02-04-2010, 20:59
price was 17:99 for 50 rds it is 180 gr.jhp rem

Morley Menthols
02-05-2010, 08:30
If you are unsure of the quality, therefore the safety of shooting this ammunition, consider showing this ammunition to a trained and knowledgeable professional on firearms. I'm sure you could get friendly and free advice at the nearest police station.

why
02-05-2010, 11:06
Sounds like somebody's reloads.

PATRICE
02-07-2010, 12:59

jetsfan-24
02-07-2010, 13:58
sorry i don,t have a chonograph and it says factory new on the box they look good they don,t look like reloads but i never heard of the company

MakeMineA10mm
02-07-2010, 21:41
Sounds like somebody's reloads.

Yep. Could be quite good stuff, or quite bad. I was a small commercial reloader for three years. Never had a single bad round returned or reported.

The first clue is that it has Win. brass and Rem. bullets. That's not a commercial combination you're ever going to see. Definitely a third-party loader. Does NOT mean it's bad ammunition, but without a label, lot #, records, description of what it is, there's no way to know. Definite warning signs.

My ammo was packed in white cardboard boxes with black plastic trays. We labeled each end and the top of the box. There was caliber, disclaimer, lot #, and small advertising blurb on each box. Soon after we started, we began to include description of the load, and we found that customers really liked that.

Our box supplier, near the end of our operation about 14-15 years ago, started advertising and even cheaper way to sell reloads than white cardboard boxes (which were pretty darn cheap, I thought). -- Place the loaded ammo in trays and then shrink-wrap the whole thing. I was highly unimpressed with this idea... They did suggest including everything that was typically on a box - printed onto a 3x5 index card and laid on top of the ammo before wrapping. To save $.10/box it didn't seem worth the hassle and scary-looking cheap-quality appearance of the ammo. Our dealers who sold our ammo thanks us too, because they could see that wouldn't stack real well on shelves either...