Aimpoint question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint question

CarbineKid
02-04-2010, 15:31
I have been going crazy trying to find the right RDS. Anyhow after days of research I found the Aimpoint 9000sc. Everything looks good, it will suit my needs perfectly. Im just curious as to the rings it comes with. Do they fit a flat top AR or is it a weaver type ring? I'm looking to mount it on my flat top and I really dont want to buy new rings....the sight is expensive enough

Thanks for any info

Frog1
02-04-2010, 19:43
I have one on an AR15. It depends if you have a regular front sight or not. If you have the regular front sight, you will need a riser block to use the rings that come with. If you don't have a regular front sight, you can mount it with the supplied rings. If you don't want to use the riser block, the CAA DVSR mount works perfect for a co-witness with the front sight. I have had all 3 set ups for this aimpoint and they all work fine.

CarbineKid
02-04-2010, 20:08
I have one on an AR15. It depends if you have a regular front sight or not. If you have the regular front sight, you will need a riser block to use the rings that come with. If you don't have a regular front sight, you can mount it with the supplied rings. If you don't want to use the riser block, the CAA DVSR mount works perfect for a co-witness with the front sight. I have had all 3 set ups for this aimpoint and they all work fine.

I do not have the front sight base. So I guess Im good to go:supergrin: Thanks!!!