Need help putting a value on an AR... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help putting a value on an AR...

h&kbama
02-04-2010, 18:11
I recently acquired an AR in a trade. It is a beautiful piece. Here are the specs:

Stag lower with 6 position collapsable stock
Rock River Arms heavy barrel upper (16") 1/9 twist, with mid-length hand guards.
Black hawk tac sling on a single-point mount
Rock River Elite Tactical carry handle rear sight
Tac Force padded trunk case

I was just curious how much this item would be worth? I would have to rate it about 99%. It is LNIB. Approximately 500-700 thru it. The guy I traded with bought the upper & lower fully assembled (at different times) and put the two together. no scratches on it anywhere. Nice gun! I am not looking to sell it, just curious how much it should be worth. Any helpful input is appreciated. Thx. Be safe.

javelinadave
02-04-2010, 18:19
Sales value and trade value are two different things.
Trades between private people and retailers are a different thing.
Are you looking for a cash price?
If so, post a picture or two.
If you want a trade price, based on your written description I would say $750 without pictures.
One other thing, most people don't like heavy barrels on AR's unless they are match shooters but they would use a 20" barrel for CMP and what not.

Three-Five-Seven
02-05-2010, 01:20
650 to 700. Frankenguns bring less bucks.

MrMurphy
02-05-2010, 01:23
Yup. $500-600 for a frankengun. The RRA rear sight is total waste of metal.

vafish
02-05-2010, 07:22
You can buy the upper brand new from RRA for $475 the complete Stag lower for $225. The Tactical Carry handle sight is $175 from RRA but I think that's awful high for what it is.

So that's the same gun for $875 brand new, figure 2/3's of brand new price because it is used and I'd say it's worth about $575 in the current market.

h&kbama
02-05-2010, 08:29
Thanks for the info yall. The fit and finish on my AR is awesome, Frankengun or not. It is a true shooter as if the upper and lower were mated for each other. I wish it was all RRA, but I got what I could afford. Thx again. Be safe.

Mayhem like Me
02-05-2010, 09:05
Oh I'm sure it will give you years of great service that is the beauty of the system.

vafish
02-05-2010, 12:38
Thanks for the info yall. The fit and finish on my AR is awesome, Frankengun or not. It is a true shooter as if the upper and lower were mated for each other. I wish it was all RRA, but I got what I could afford. Thx again. Be safe.

What matters is that you are happy with the gun.

I have 3 AR15's and am building a couple of others. All of mine are Fraken guns with mixed parts in them. Although a couple of the uppers have no marks and could be made by anyone.