S/A Loaded help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : S/A Loaded help

abraves
02-04-2010, 19:57
I have a Springfield Loaded fullsize. The problem is that the thumb safety is very tight to engage. I detail stripped it today and polished the safety where it runs on the plunger. It disengages much better but is very hard to engage. It can be done but after 2 or 3 times I have to assist my right thumb with my left thumb. No where near as easy as my Kimber. What can I do to resolve this? I would like to install a extended safety but don't have the cash since I was laid off. Any advice would be great.

abraves

Jason D
02-04-2010, 20:03
Wear it in by use.

ncvarmint
02-04-2010, 21:07
I had that problem when i got my loaded, It ends up i had tightened the grips too much and the ambi safty cutout was pressed by the grip

trevor

abraves
02-05-2010, 10:39
Wear it in by use.

I understand that theory however I have worked that safety probably a couple thousand times sitting in front of the tv. It is not much better than when new. Buddy of mine just got a TRP and the safety feels the same. Hard to engage. My brand new Kimber products have always felt just right. I am still researching and what not. May take to a local gunsmith that is a whiz with 1911's and let him fix it. I sent an email to S/A but have not heard back yet.

abraves