Mossberg ?'s [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg ?'s

zukyota
02-05-2010, 16:57
Anyone have experience with the mossberg 500 cruiser series or the JIC series ? Are they good quality ? Good home defense gun ?

Puppy
02-05-2010, 18:41
Yea they are good shotguns & the JIC tubes are pretty handy for stowing one away in case of emergencies.

I am not a big fan of pistol griped shotguns though, I much prefer a standard full sized stock.

mixflip
02-05-2010, 19:40
Mossbergs are the largest supplier of shotguns to the military which really doesnt mean they are the best but they are tough and reliable to say the least.

I like the 590A1's because of the heavy barrel, metal trigger guard, and the iconic bayonet capability (which most agree is not practical but cool)

I have no use for the JIC personally but if I owned a remote piece of property or had a hide out up in the sticks...I'd bury one of those there just in case (hence JIC). Pistol grip shotguns are a specialized tool that has a limited use in my opinion. (like breeching doors and killing zombies)

zukyota
02-05-2010, 20:14
Mossbergs are the largest supplier of shotguns to the military which really doesnt mean they are the best but they are tough and reliable to say the least.

I like the 590A1's because of the heavy barrel, metal trigger guard, and the iconic bayonet capability (which most agree is not practical but cool)

I have no use for the JIC personally but if I owned a remote piece of property or had a hide out up in the sticks...I'd bury one of those there just in case (hence JIC). Pistol grip shotguns are a specialized tool that has a limited use in my opinion. (like breeching doors and killing zombies)
sounds good to me. thanks.