Stupid TAPCO front sight tool [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Stupid TAPCO front sight tool

txpitdog
02-06-2010, 09:26
Well, the TAPCO front sight tool did not fit my BCM front sight pin at all. I'm just glad it was only $6-7 instead of the $15-20 I've seen elsewhere. I ended up using the tip of a FMJ round to push the pin down and start the rotation.

Maybe this was already common knowledge, but the FMJ tip works perfectly for adjusting the front sight.

Glocks&Ducs
02-06-2010, 13:33
Did you buy the proper tool?

blaster_54738
02-06-2010, 16:29
about one of the only things i'll use utg parts for but their front sight tool works very well, has both 4 and 5 prong

MCKNBRD
02-07-2010, 06:42
psst...and I don't want to insult anyone here...

But a few hits with a small file and their tool fits just fine. Been using/loaning/losing thier sight tools for a while.

Wait...you WERE using the right one, I assume? You know, the 5 prong one for an A1 or 4 prong for an A2?

lawman800
02-07-2010, 11:14
The AR-15 is an amazing piece of engineering. The pins, screws, etc. are all made for the drafted soldier with minimal training and no motivation, even though it looks complicated but it was amazingly simple.

The fact that a bullet tip can be used as a tool on that carbine is no surprise. Heck, I was able to piece together a lower with minimal instruction after just looking at a few pics casually one time while browsing a website and I am the least mechanically inclined person I know.

txpitdog
02-07-2010, 11:28
Its the correct 4-prong tool, but the radius from the center to the pin is too short. Scraped the finish of the top of the plate part of the site. The FMJ works fine, I'll just use that from now on.