budget M4, excelent vender! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : budget M4, excelent vender!

onelowtruck69
02-06-2010, 12:48
hello all, excuse my excitement. I have been on a quest for an M4 for around $750. I have seen the del-ton kits and such and decided to drive out to the gun show today in town. well as soon as i walk in i find a dpms m4 upper and lower package for $699. I thought great! so i talked to the guy and guess what ,no mags or rear sight. so with tax, a mag and no sight i would still be looking at 750+. I asked if he would give me one mag if i was willing to pay cash.He said no and walked away.I was a little frusterated but i looked around some more and found a gentleman with one little table up againt the wall with a couple uppers, couple stocks and thats about it. so we chatted a bit,This guy is local here in richmond and just starting out, His company name is zombie defense and beb site of course being zombiedefense.com . He had a brand new H bar upper with a wilson heavy barrel and flash suppressor for $475. There where RRA lowers at other tables at the show with stock for $269. At that point i would be at my budget but still no mags or rear sight or money left over for ammo. I am new to ARs and he sat with me and went over everything and after a few minutes he said he would use his resources at the show and build me an quality m4 using the $475 hbar upper i was looking at and i would come in $770 after taxes. This nice gentleman with the money i paid him went around the show to different venders(friends i assume) and bought a cmmg stripped lower, 30 round P -MAG, Cmmg lower parts kit, pistol grip, threw in one of his $50 m4 collapsable stocks and flip up rear sight . He had none of his tools there because he didnt plan on building any guns on a snowy day at his first show so he went to another table i believe it was Tonys customs and had them assmeble the lower and do a little massaging to the trigger parts. This guy is awesome, He said he is a del-ton dealer also and will be opening near green top sporting goods in Ashland Va. So i ended up with a custom built M4 ready to shoot with quality parts for just over my budget and still had some money for ammo! what do you guys think?

Morbius
02-06-2010, 13:46
Now that is service, and actually pretty indicative of most people in the business that I have met. Its their passion, the job is second. Have fun with the AR. If you run into small bits ya need, I "roll my own" AR's too, always bits and pieces floating around.

onelowtruck69
02-06-2010, 13:54
Sure thing! Like i said im brand new to the AR world so after i break her in i should find anything i dont like or would like to change.

jrs93accord
02-06-2010, 13:57
That sir, is a good day and good people. That is what it is all about. Congrats on your new AR.

JR

RUSH2112
02-06-2010, 14:26
His company name is zombie defense

I like 'em already! Hopefully with customers like yourself who take the time to tell others about a good vendor, he'll see an increase in business.
l couldn't find the website though. Still looking.

onelowtruck69
02-06-2010, 16:05
http://www.zombie-defense.com/ sorry i missed the dash

onelowtruck69
02-06-2010, 16:08
The site doesnt have alot on it yet, but nearly everything seems to have free shipping wich is a plus.It does list his contact info, give him a call or email with any questions ,he is quite helpfull!

Frog1
02-06-2010, 21:23
CMMG bargin bin guns. Truely are bargains at $599.00. I inspected several at their outlet store. All are really nice for the price. The M-4's have the wasp/nitride treatment 1/9 twist barrels. The colors match.

I bought the 18" gun. It has a cut down and recrowned 1/7 chrome lined gov profile barrel. Full length gas system, M-16 bolt carrier, mil spec buffer tube with a Tapco body. It's a little loose, but not bad. Tango down grip. CMMG upper and lower.

Great balance of weight versus features.

Today, I bought the stuff to build another M-4 style rife. DSA ZM4 nitrided upper assembly - $292.00 delivered. DSA blem lower $65.00 delivered. Del ton lower parts package, bolt carrier assembly, charging handle $182.00 delivered - JSE Surplus. Magpul MOE stock, grip, forearm, and buffer tube assembly $99.95 delivered, DSG Arms.

Total $638.00 not bad either.

It looks like there are several lower cost suppliers in the game now. That's a good thing.

onelowtruck69
02-07-2010, 08:09
Seems things are finaly starting to come down even though the economy is jacked, heck even wasr-10 Aks were going for $399 again, i havnt seen em that low in a couple years around here.

iweb
02-07-2010, 08:14
Hwy Frog1, what are you talking about CMMG guns for $599? My nephew said I could get a complete CMMG for under $600 but he never said where???

Frog1
02-07-2010, 11:08
CMMG has the bargain bin special on their web site. You would have to pay a dealer transfer if you are not in Missouri. Their outlet store is Black Rifle LLC in Columbia, MO. They have a web site also and you could call and get one through a dealer transfer. They are $599.00 and do not pay the $25.00 for the hand pick. You won't need to. They are all great.

I walked in, paid $643.00 with tax and got a new Magpul window mag with the rifle. Great deal. The M-4 type carbines had Double Star Lowers, but they matched the uppers. The 18" has CMMG lowers. All are keyhole marked uppers.

lawman800
02-07-2010, 12:17
I'm buying one just for the name. How dat be?

Sierra
02-07-2010, 17:07
And that is how the disease begins. Those guys are vectors for BRD. There is no cure. . . . . . . . .

duncan
02-07-2010, 18:36
Nothing wrong with a basic M4 zombie oh snap rifle for about $600.

:cool:

lawman800
02-08-2010, 16:57
Looks like they are not selling full rifles with their logo yet, but when they do, I'm first in line.

pcar
02-09-2010, 06:57
Hwy Frog1, what are you talking about CMMG guns for $599? My nephew said I could get a complete CMMG for under $600 but he never said where???

http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/?cart=2194237&cat=161&

Lower receiver brands will be Armalite/Eagle, DPMS, Doublestar or CMMG.

16"
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/images/1402-1513.jpg

18"
http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/images/1482-2117.JPG

lawman800
02-09-2010, 08:50
That is a good price for a clean 16" carbine no matter how you slice it.

zombiedefenseguns
02-16-2010, 15:04
I would like to thank my customer for the free press. I found this thread by accident, I thought someone was sending me spam in my email. I will be starting my own line of lowers soon, we will be about 2 1/2 months out , but they will be top quality. My prices on uppers and complete guns will remain low as long as my suppliers don't bump my cost. I always sought the best bang for the buck, there is no reason my customers should overpay either. Once again, thanks, I am glad you are happy with your purchase. That is what matters.
Bill
Zombie Defense

lawman800
02-16-2010, 15:09
I would like to thank my customer for the free press. I found this thread by accident, I thought someone was sending me spam in my email. I will be starting my own line of lowers soon, we will be about 2 1/2 months out , but they will be top quality. My prices on uppers and complete guns will remain low as long as my suppliers don't bump my cost. I always sought the best bang for the buck, there is no reason my customers should overpay either. Once again, thanks, I am glad you are happy with your purchase. That is what matters.
Bill
Zombie Defense

Bill, I already referred 2 friends to your site because they are looking for a good, no nonsense upper and you have great prices. Heck, too bad I didn't know your company was around before I dropped some dough for my build, but for my next one, it's all you.

Can't wait for your lowers to be made with the zombie logo and biohazard sign. Please import them to CA, because right now, we are beseiged by the liberals and cannot do anything to escape but you got customers here dying to buy zombie defense marked lowers.

scottydl
04-30-2010, 09:10
Today, I bought the stuff to build another M-4 style rife. DSA ZM4 nitrided upper assembly - $292.00 delivered. DSA blem lower $65.00 delivered. Del ton lower parts package, bolt carrier assembly, charging handle $182.00 delivered - JSE Surplus. Magpul MOE stock, grip, forearm, and buffer tube assembly $99.95 delivered, DSG Arms.

Total $638.00 not bad either.

Hey Frog, how's that DSA project working out? I'm looking at the same blem lower, $60 on their website. Pricing out the rest for a complete build, and would like to use it for a police duty rifle as long as I won't have any reliability issues. Any tips appreciated!

I'm checking out the Zombie website too since it's been recommended in this thread.

engineer151515
04-30-2010, 09:58
tagged

Frog1
05-01-2010, 12:18
The DSA project has been great. Built 4 rifles with the blem lowers. Perfect fit with BCM upper receivers. Pretty good with the Del ton as well. I can't say enough about Mossberg barrels. Tight chambers, measure 2 with an RCBS case gage. Accuracy is superb in all lengths 20 inch H-BAR, 16 in H-Bar, and 16 in M-4 profiles. The two 16 inch guns will shoot one inch groups all day long with cheap ammo. The 20 inch guns are half inch with cheap ammo.

I am tuning my 18 inch bargain bin gun. Free float, my own trigger job, extractor upgrade, and match assembly techniques. I have not been able to test it yet, but I am sure it will be pretty good.

chuckman
05-01-2010, 12:52
Nice to see customer service in action.

M4J0R T0M
05-01-2010, 16:40
What a great story, and congrats on your new rifle.

My suggestions to you is:
Put the gun in your safe immediately/lock and throw away the key,
Turn off your computer,
Don't get any gun books or magazines,
Don't visit any gun shows/stores,
And whatever you do, don't shoot that gun,

This is only hope you have when it comes to BRD. You may also want to go ahead and check yourself into a 12 step program as a precautionary measure.

pack-indy
05-01-2010, 22:56
tagged.

Ruggles
05-02-2010, 11:24
Nice deal congrats. :)