New 38 is ordered. may have swayed someone in General Glocking.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New 38 is ordered. may have swayed someone in General Glocking....

RBL525
02-06-2010, 16:20
Well, I got the 38 ordered today. Just waiting for it to get to my dealer from the distributor now. First thing i did was post in General Glocking... somebody asked me why? so I answered....might have swayed a few to the idea of GAP...

original thread... http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180863

My answer to why...
There was actually a lot of thought that went into it.

A little background first. I have 2 G19's with Austrian proofs that I bought to pass on to my sons someday. They are currently 5 and 7. I want to keep them in very good shape, and don't want to CC them. They are for home defense and range use only. The 38 is to CC

The reasons:

1. I want to CC a larger caliber than the 9mm. I like the size of the 45.
2. I love the grip on my G19, and they are the perfect grip for my hands.
3. I can go to the range and shoot 50 rounds of 45 GAP, and 200 rounds of 9mm and it is a lot cheaper..
4. Since the grips are the same, I can practice the mechanics and it will be very similar for both models.
5. i have a lot of faith in a round that Glock helped design for their guns.
6. Almost everyone who has shot a GAP model has given a great review on them.
7. 45 ACP guns are just to long and wide in the grip for my liking, and the SF models seem to have some issues.
8. the more people that support the GAP round, the more prevalent it will become, furthering the reputation of Glock and their designs.
9. The stores i price ammo at are low to out of 9mm ammo much of the time, and I can seem to always find 45 GAP when I am looking for it.
10. Because I wanted one. and that is why i do a lot of things... :)

and on a further note, I am still a little up in the air, but I believe I am going to pick up a 23 with the tax return next week too. I like a little variety in life.

and someone's response
I'm one of those guy's who's been against the GAP, but I like your way of thinking. Right now I mainly stick to 9mm and 45ACP. I may have to try a GAP this year, after I get a G20SF that is.

Lets get them all to switch....make acp an antique round.... :)

just joking around, nothing wrong with ACP, but i prefer modern technology over the old stuff.... :tongueout:

DannyR
02-06-2010, 16:23
Bravo, the G38 will quickly become your all-time favorite pistol.:cool:

up1911fan
02-07-2010, 07:14
Yeah i've been checking ammo price's and reading some old thread's in here, i'm waiting for a G19 to show up, but the G38 may turn out to be a winter carry gun, as I prefer to carry a .45 in the winter month's.

engineer151515
02-07-2010, 07:33
....make acp an antique round.... :)

Technically, it already is an antique round.

pmj
02-07-2010, 08:26
RBL525:

"10. Because I wanted one. and that is why i do a lot of things..."

Good-to-go! That's one of the reasons I chose 7x61 Sharpe & Hart as the caliber for a rifle I had built several years ago. It's an oldie but still a goodie.

There are 3 kinds of people:

#1 Those that make things happen -
#2 Those that watch what happens -
#3 Those that wonder what happened -

You'll like the GAP.

Officer's Match
02-07-2010, 08:48
Nice when someone seems to appreciate your logic. Try to stick to your reasoning rather than worry about swaying people, and you'll automatically be more persuasive. :wavey:

pmj
02-07-2010, 09:00
I forgot to add #4:

"Those that just don't get it -"

Officer's Match:

Glad we're not in the latter group since we like the GAP. I prefer to make my own decisions and go my own way. Never cared for the "we can't do that committee" either. What say you Sir?

Regards,
Phil