1911 Night Sight Questions. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 Night Sight Questions.

M4J0R T0M
02-06-2010, 20:09
I have a Taurus PT1911 ALR that came with factory Novak three dot sights. I am pretty new to 1911's so not really sure about the sights. I know Novak is a brand name of sight but is it also a style of sight? I want to replace them with night sights, so do I just get Novak style night sights and install them? Thanks in advance.

M4J0R T0M
02-07-2010, 13:25
Anyone?

Eyescream
02-07-2010, 13:33
I've heard the cuts that Taurus uses in the slide aren't "true" Novak cuts, but I don't have any evidence to support this.

SouthpawShootr
02-07-2010, 14:06
I've heard the cuts that Taurus uses in the slide aren't "true" Novak cuts, but I don't have any evidence to support this.

I know that was true of the Heinie sights. The Novaks are almost certainly the same deal - licensed copies with "custom" dovetails.

BUT, it appears, Novak's is supporting this pistol. Look here:

www.novaksights.com/genuine%20novak%20sights/taurus.html

I'd talk to them regarding the front, but if they sell rears, they'l have the fronts as well.

Eyescream
02-07-2010, 14:13
I know that was true of the Heinie sights. The Novaks are almost certainly the same deal - licensed copies with "custom" dovetails.

Okay, that's what it was. I couldn't remember. It struck me because I'm in the same shape with the weird cut that STI uses on their front sights.