Surefire forend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Surefire forend

nascardu
02-07-2010, 14:30
Does Surefire make a forend light that does not hit the reciever? If so I did not see it on their website.

aippi
02-07-2010, 15:09
No they do not. I have addressed this issue with them as the 618 series can mar the parkerizing on the reciever for that 1/2 or so that it comes back over it. I have to take a dremil wheel and trim down the inside of the ones I install. That is more time and work and should not be on $300+ accessories. The only other issue is that they do not snap into the 870 forend tube assembly like the SF forends do.

These two issues are my only complaint with this product. I feature them and use them myself and Surefire is one of the best in the Industry for customer service and warrenty, but dang it man, fix the forends you mount your lights on.

AggiePhil
02-07-2010, 15:23
I'm glad this thread makes sense to you cause it doesn't have enough information in it to make sense to me. :worried:

aippi
02-07-2010, 16:48
Phil, the OP wants to know if Surefire makes any forend lights that do not come back over the receiver. They all do, they come over the receiver about 1/2" and rub on the finish sometimes. He wants one that stops flush at the receiver like the Speedfeed forend does.

AggiePhil
02-07-2010, 18:26
I can't believe someone would worry about something so trivial. Surefire's product is the industry standard for a reason. I'd install it and direct my worries elsewhere.

aippi
02-07-2010, 19:04
I don't consider having the finish rubbed off your weapon as Trivial. I have installed hundreds of these and know this product well. I also dremil down the inside edges as they tend to mar the barrel as they are so sharp.

I am a Surefire dealer, I have about 80 of these in stock and will have to modify every one of them. The OP has a valid issue and question. He may have simply wanted to know if they make one that will stop flush with the receiver so he can use an 8 rd side saddle.

Being the Industry leader does not mean they can't improve the faults with their products. I correct these issues but it takes time I should not have spend.

nascardu
02-07-2010, 20:49
Thanks for answering Aippi. I don't doubt the surefire is the industry standard I just dont think a light that expensive should scratch up your reciever. Also it can cause a short stroke if the gap is not right. I love the Surefire light I just think they could find another way to mold the plastic to fit better over the reciever.

nascardu
02-10-2010, 05:27
Anyone send their shotgun into wilson combat to refinish their shotgun? I was wondering if they fix the surefire forend rubbing the reciever? Any thoughts?

nascardu
03-14-2010, 12:59
I went with the dremel and it now completely avoids the reciever. alot of work and removal but it now works. Thanks for the advice AIPPI.

aippi
03-14-2010, 16:41
Cool beans. It only takes a little material off the forend and that little bit sure makes a difference. I also round off the edges of the forend as they can mar the sides of the barrel. It takes some work, it is a pain since the product could be improved, but guys expect that when getting a custom gun and I build every one of these like it is going to be my own personal "go to weapon" when my A double S is on the line.