Command Arms collapsible but stock w/ storage [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Command Arms collapsible but stock w/ storage

BigEd
02-07-2010, 16:21
Anyone tried one of these yet? Anyone recommend a different alternative? I'm looking for a way to carry extra batteries for my Eotech without uglying up the rifle. I already have the MagPul grip core.

NeverMore1701
02-07-2010, 16:25
I like quality parts on my guns, so I went with the ACS. Top notch.

lawman800
02-08-2010, 05:28
What's wrong with having some batteries in your bag or other daily carrying option? Unless you're in the sandbox, most likely you would be able to get to your spare batteries and even if you're not close, you probably aren't going to be in a running firefight and even if you were in a gunfight, when will you have time to switch out batteries?

Deployment Solu
02-08-2010, 05:39
There are two options here for you.

http://www.riflestock.com/index.cfm

KDawg0007
02-08-2010, 06:15
I thought long and hard about getting that stock but as lawman said the need to have 123's readily avaliable on the rifle is not an option that I really needed. If I were ever in the situation to need them, I would have a pack or something else that would have other goodies in it as well. I decided on a standard 6 position stock, took the 30 or so bucks I saved and got a couple more PMags. Money better spent to me.

mangkukhan
02-08-2010, 10:56
I think Vltor has a battery slot on theirs also, however I chose the CAA stock cause of the buttpad. I tend to grind stocks into my shoulder and appreciate greatly having a buttpad built into the stock.

hottnucks
02-08-2010, 13:29
Don't put anything made by CAA on your rifle.

lawman800
02-08-2010, 14:07
I thought long and hard about getting that stock but as lawman said the need to have 123's readily avaliable on the rifle is not an option that I really needed. If I were ever in the situation to need them, I would have a pack or something else that would have other goodies in it as well. I decided on a standard 6 position stock, took the 30 or so bucks I saved and got a couple more PMags. Money better spent to me.

Good man. I was going to say, save the $30 and buy a 20 pack of CR123 batteries and stow 2 everywhere, in the car, pockets, backpacks, wallet, etc.

I have a pair of CR123's stowed just about everywhere, including my duffle, my patrolbag, my glove box, in the gunsafe, etc.

If need be, I can always get to a pair if I needed it.

faawrenchbndr
02-08-2010, 14:24
I don't care for CCA products. Weird styling and sub-par components.
Spend a bit more money and get QUALITY parts, not the crap CCA makes

J.Hawkins1977
02-08-2010, 16:13
Don't put anything made by CAA on your rifle.
I wish people who have a negative opinion on a product would elaborate
on their statement. Or is it what they have heard others say.:whistling:
I have this stock on my rifle and I love it.I have the cheek riser also and i get a good weld.
From someone who has it and uses it almost on a daily basis I say go get one.

NeverMore1701
02-08-2010, 16:17
Good man. I was going to say, save the $30 and buy a 20 pack of CR123 batteries and stow 2 everywhere, in the car, pockets, backpacks, wallet, etc.

I have a pair of CR123's stowed just about everywhere, including my duffle, my patrolbag, my glove box, in the gunsafe, etc.

If need be, I can always get to a pair if I needed it.

Yeah, you could even put a few in your rifle!

Wait.... :whistling:

BigEd
02-08-2010, 16:47
I'm gonna give the CAA a try. If for whatever reason I don't like it, I'll just send it back. Thanks everyone for the replies.

faawrenchbndr
02-08-2010, 17:59
I wish people who have a negative opinion on a product would elaborate
on their statement. Or is it what they have heard others say.:whistling:
I have this stock on my rifle and I love it.I have the cheek riser also and i get a good weld.
From someone who has it and uses it almost on a daily basis I say go get one.

Guess you neglected to read my prior post.
CCA equals poor quality, poor fitment, loose adjustments, very low longivity,
overall a general waste of money.
However, if you perfer Kia over Buick,......CCA will suit your need very well.

bci21984
02-08-2010, 19:01
i also have the CAA stock and like it alot, on another good note, i picked up a CAA adjustable pistol grip (adj. finger grooves and palm swell) when i opened the package the part that snaps into the bottom to seal the compartment was broken. i emailed CAA saturday night and got a response earlier today that a replacement was shipped out to me priority.

lawman800
02-08-2010, 20:46
Yeah, you could even put a few in your rifle!

Wait.... :whistling:

I have 3 in the foregrip, which still leaves room in the regular grip for my sewing kit and some buttons.

crazymoose
02-08-2010, 21:32
I agree in general with the opinion of CAA products. However, the G27 grip is quite good.