Question/Idea for the Politically Savvy among us. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Question/Idea for the Politically Savvy among us.

ncglock19
02-08-2010, 12:45
My fellow Carolinians-

Having looked at info that is available concerning NC Gun Laws, both OC and CC, it seems like NC seems to be a mishmash of laws.

I was wondering if anyone had put in the effort to go through the laws from State > County > City > Business/Establishment and determined a way that we could make things more uniform.

It seems like just a big mess that could be cleaned up if we had enough motivated state legislature people to do it.

It ticks me off that I can't carry my gear in my car at work, causing me to take a 30 minute detour to go to the range after work. And the fact that I'm breaking the law by driving my car on Cary NC streets if I'm headed to the range is heartbreaking.

I just pulled this off the Alabama board. Makes a lot of sense:

House Bill 364, also introduced by Representative Ford, would permit a law-abiding individual to store their firearms in their locked motor vehicle while parked on a publicly accessible parking lot controlled by their employer or a business they frequent. This bill will protect your right to keep a firearm in your car if you choose to hunt or target shoot before or after work. HB 364 would also allow an individual to keep a firearm in their vehicle for self-defense during their commute to and from work. HB 364 is still pending committee action but could be heard as early as next week.

Any idea if there is a 2nd Ammendment movement here to make Laws equitable?

joe<!-- / message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- END TEMPLATE: ad_showthread_firstpost_sig --><!-- sig -->

Thx-1138
02-08-2010, 14:10
the fact that I'm breaking the law by driving my car on Cary NC streets if I'm headed to the range is heartbreaking.

I don't think that's the case.

Cary has a specific law regarding the display of firearms on public streets. If it's not visible, you're fine.

If you have a CCH permit, for example, you can conceal carry on the streets of Cary.

If you do NOT have a CCH permit, you'd have to store your firearms in your vehicle in a manner that was not visible, AND was not readily accessible by the driver or any passenger. First, it has to be concealed due to the Cary ordinance; second, it has to be inaccessible because if it's accessible and concealed, you're violating the state prohibitions on concealed firearms.

ncglock19
02-08-2010, 15:03
But Confusing? Yes. :supergrin:

Hopefully in 4 months I"ll have my CCW. For now, when I go to the range, I keep my G19 in the case in the back compartment of my SUV.

joe

Eagle22
02-15-2010, 14:53
NC fire arms laws http://www.apdsnc.com/NC_FirearmsLaw.htm

hpj3
02-21-2010, 23:26
You might wanna try GrassRoots NC (www.grnc.org) - they are the NC focal point for gun laws in the state... Paul Valone is great.

For all: I see many questions like this on not only this board but several like it. I'm always amazed that so many haven't checked out the individual state-level organizations like GRNC for NC, GRGRSC for SC, etc. They are the best sources for state-specific information... both current and planned. In some states the NRA chapter is good, others not so good. You can be sure that the state-only groups are interested in their respective states and answer to no higher interests. Please get involved in your state group if you are really interested in protecting what you have and fixing those things that need fixing.

Rant off