Possibly silly question re BC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Possibly silly question re BC

JASV.17
02-08-2010, 12:30
In regards to to lube, I read a fair amount of some people adding a few drops/squirts of lube via the holes in the side of the BC through the ejection port when running their ARs.

My question is....is this what these holes are for, or do they serve another purpose and this is an "added benefit" of them?

Sorry if a stoopit question, I was just curious.

La26
02-08-2010, 15:32
I'm not really sure if the holes are there strictly for lubing purposes, but I like to move the bolt forward and back until I can see the silver gas rings in the holes. I then put drop of lube in each hole, so that the rings get some lube on them. Also, a drop or two down the gas key (spout?).

NeverMore1701
02-08-2010, 15:51
I'd skip that last one.

deMontacute
02-08-2010, 16:17
In regards to to lube, I read a fair amount of some people adding a few drops/squirts of lube via the holes in the side of the BC through the ejection port when running their ARs.

My question is....is this what these holes are for, or do they serve another purpose and this is an "added benefit" of them?

Sorry if a stoopit question, I was just curious.
They are where the gas vents out of the piston chamber...

Onmilo
02-09-2010, 08:04
They are where the gas vents out of the piston chamber...

^^^^THIS^^^^
The holes act a a pressure relief when the bolt cams to the rear of the carrier during the cycle stage.