G19/34 barrel swap? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19/34 barrel swap?

joe sacco
02-08-2010, 20:58
Operating under the doctrine that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people (like me) that ask them, here is a two-parter:

1. The barrel from my 34 fits into my 19 frame, however, the 19 barrel is beveled at the lock-up and the 34 is not. Are they interchangeable?

2. If you were going to buy a 9mm conversion barrel for a 23 what make would you choose? Preferably one that is a drop in. Looking mostly for reliability.

Thanks, Joe

nraman
02-08-2010, 22:06
Operating under the doctrine that there are no stupid questions, just stupid people (like me) that ask them, here is a two-parter:

1. The barrel from my 34 fits into my 19 frame, however, the 19 barrel is beveled at the lock-up and the 34 is not. Are they interchangeable?

Thanks, Joe

Joe, the way I know it the G34 and G17 are interchangeable, in fact I have a G34 barrel in one of my G17s. The G17/34 barrels do not fit in the G19 frame, the two lugs sticking down are different. Put them side by side and you will see the difference. The G19 barrel lock up area is almost identical to the G26 and many people including myself are using them in that way.
As far as I know, you can go from the G19 to the G26 and nothing else.