Colt 6920 vs 6520 vs 6721 vs MT6400C [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920 vs 6520 vs 6721 vs MT6400C

phx223
02-09-2010, 17:38
Ok so I left my Preban Natl Match HBar with my Dad back home and instead of shipping it out to MD I am thinking about buying a new colt in a carbine set up. Looking at a bare bones weapon (well I will add a houge grip, but thats it) as its a carbine. I looked up the colts that comes as carbines and I can't see any difference in them other than weight and that 6920 and 6520 have LE only markings on them. The ability to detach the carry handle isn't a big deal to me either. Are there differences that I don't have the experience to notice? Namely concerned with weight, but if the heavier barrel is considerably more accurate then I am ok with the pound and a half difference.
Thanks.

ddbtoth
02-09-2010, 19:18
Grenade launchers are cool additions if that is something that you need. I wouldn't recommend one for that "bump in the night" response firearm though.

Honestly, the cut barrel on the 6920 is cool looking but totally useless. I'd go with the KISS model of the 6520 and just take the weight savings as an added bonus. I doubt if anyone in the continental US would ever have the opportunity or necessity to light up a Colt to the point where a heavy barrel is necessary.

jkirk
02-10-2010, 06:25
The MT6400C is a 'post ban' configuration, with a compensator instead of a flash suppressor, no bayonet lug, and a pinned 'collapsablle' stock.
Otherwise, same as the 6920.

I just ordered a MT6400C....only AR carbine configuration that is legal here in NJ.

phx223
02-10-2010, 06:38
Thanks for the info on the post ban configuration, and stay warm up there in NJ, this snow is insane(MD here).

Is the 6520 going to have the same specs other than the launcher and carry handle as the 6920? As in all the high end specs on this chart
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&gid=5
The chromed barrel, the M-16 Bolt carrier, and all the inspections that go with...

jkirk
02-10-2010, 09:08
phx,

Yes, the specs should be the same.
The 6520 is the A2 upper reciever style, pencil barrel carbine, but other than that, the specs are identical to the 6920. All Colts recieve the HP testing, MPI, ect.

I have 30' of 'global warming' in my yard at the moment. I understand my area has been 'upgraded' from a winter storm warning to a blizzard warning. Woohoo (note the scarcasm...lol)!
I hear it it pretty rough down your way, so hunker down, and ride it out.

Take care!

Jeff