Thought s and Imput - Stevens 87A & 87E [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thought s and Imput - Stevens 87A & 87E

Manofprint
02-09-2010, 20:47
Typo = Input ( didnt want the typo police to see it first)

I just picked up 1of each model.
They seem to function but doing cosmetic work.
Any issues or suggestions are appriciated.

Also wondering if the only way to mount a cheap scope is to
have a smith put mounting plates on it ?

ElevatedThreat
02-15-2010, 18:00
I have the tube fed version. It is a VERY accurate rifle, even with my eyes and open sights.

Two things of note: first, although the rifle is a semi-auto, the bolt stays back after the empty case ejects, not going forward to chamber the next round until you allow the trigger to reset (come forward).

Second, because the rifle is straight blowback, mine has a feature allowing the bolt to be locked closed, making it a single shot, or a manual repeater. You can push the bolt handle in towards the opposite side of the rifle, and it engages a hole on the other side of the receiver and locks there until you pull it out again.

I am not sure if all the Stevens rifles had these features, but my example does at least, and the design was very well thought-out.

I can't think of an easy way to mount a scope on these rifles, save by drilling and tapping the off-side of the receiver for a side-mount.

(By the way, you can edit the title of a thread that you own, by clicking on it to the right of the text in the main listings page.)

-ET