CMMG Custom Carbine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CMMG Custom Carbine

shoots2much
02-09-2010, 23:44
Just ordered a CMMG from CDNN they had some S&W's w 10 mags for $823.00 but sold out sat,day late and dollar short. I paid $769.00 for the complete gun and $30.00 for5 MagPul 30's. Has the removeable carry handleM4 Barrel and six postion stock with an A-3 Mil spec receiverand tact ergo grip. My questions lay with the fact say they manufacture all parts in house was told it was as good or better than the Smith, Del-Ton or Bushmaster true? also was that all parts were interchangable wth all AR.s except Colit True /False I guess I am asking did I get a good Rifle /deal, I converted a Saiga in .308 using all ACE parts including d folding and got 4 30rd mags Opinions? thanks Karl

K. Foster
02-10-2010, 06:45
Since you’ve already ordered the gun, it’s a little late to ask for advice or recommendations. Of the ones you mentioned, my choice would have been the S&W. CMMG isn’t bad, but they have a poor reputation for costumer service.
As far as them manufacturing everything in house? That’s wrong. Very few, if any companies manufacture everything themselves. If you do a search here, you’ll find a lot of negative information about them.
If you do some research here and on other forums, you’ll see these names mentioned consistently for quality: Colt, LMT and BCM. They are however, more expensive that what you paid and I think you got a good deal for what you spent, especially the P mags. Does the gun you ordered have a chrome lined barrel?
My post may sound harsh but it isn’t meant to, I just think you should have asked your questions before you bought something.

kgain673
02-10-2010, 09:32
Cmmg is a fine gun, but their customer service has hurt their rep. Also I don't know what is going on with them because the price of their uppers keeps creeping up? Everyone else is coming down in price, but they are going up?