CMMG Bargain Bin Carbine [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CMMG Bargain Bin Carbine

jrs93accord
02-10-2010, 14:34
I finally put the last item (detachable carrying handle) on my new CMMG Bargain Carbine (Doublestar lower). This is about as simple as it gets.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/jamesrea_08/jamesrea09/jamesrea10/001-3.jpg

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/jamesrea_2006/jamesrea_08/jamesrea09/jamesrea10/002-3.jpg

kabob983
02-10-2010, 14:40
Wait, why'd you change the lower? I didn't think they sold just uppers.

jrs93accord
02-10-2010, 14:49
Wait, why'd you change the lower? I didn't think they sold just uppers.

The lower was not changed. The Bargain Bin rifles come with various lowers. Most of the 16" carbines have been coming with Doublestar lowers and the 18" has been coming with a CMMG lower. When I received this, the lower had a TangoDown pistol grip on it. I swapped it out for an A2 grip. I picked up a second-hand Bushmaster DCH this afternoon and added it to the upper. That is all I have done to it besides give it a good cleaning.

kabob983
02-10-2010, 15:26
Didn't realize they shipped with different lowers. Guess it makes sense, I imagine it's easier to mess up an upper than a lower when manufacturing, stands to reason they'd have more of 'em as bargains.

A Tango Down battlegrip with the battery compartment on the bottom? Wanna sell it off? I've been thinking about picking one up...

jrs93accord
02-10-2010, 15:37
Didn't realize they shipped with different lowers. Guess it makes sense, I imagine it's easier to mess up an upper than a lower when manufacturing, stands to reason they'd have more of 'em as bargains.

A Tango Down battlegrip with the battery compartment on the bottom? Wanna sell it off? I've been thinking about picking one up...

Sure. Make me an offer (anything over $30 shipped is too much).

kabob983
02-10-2010, 15:48
Sure. Make me an offer (anything over $30 shipped is too much).

What color is it?

faawrenchbndr
02-10-2010, 16:06
A few friends in Georgia piced up some of these Bargain Bin carbines.
Three we could not find a flaw, two had minor finish flaws.

jrs93accord
02-10-2010, 16:52
What color is it?

Black

spartan985
02-10-2010, 20:59
Would you recommend one of the "bargain bin" cmmg AR's to someone (me) who is looking to get their first?

djegators
02-10-2010, 21:04
Would you recommend one of the "bargain bin" cmmg AR's to someone (me) who is looking to get their first?

Depends on what you are looking to do with it...want an occasional plinker, or an entry point to learn the platform, why not? The price is low, and there is a lot to do and a lot to learn about ARs.

If you are looking for MORE than the above, you will likely get more for your money to start with a top tier rifle you can build off of.

Just my two cents, and I agree it is tempting at that price...

spartan985
02-10-2010, 21:08
Depends on what you are looking to do with it...want an occasional plinker, or an entry point to learn the platform, why not? The price is low, and there is a lot to do and a lot to learn about ARs.

If you are looking for MORE than the above, you will likely get more for your money to start with a top tier rifle you can build off of.

Just my two cents, and I agree it is tempting at that price...

It would be a range/plinking/SHTF gun..... if it can be all of those in one rifle.

Basically I just WANT an AR or a mini 14 and the AR seems better IMHO.

Is this a 1-2 MOA rifle?

HAIL CAESAR
02-10-2010, 23:02
They are all shipping and sold with some form of LAR lower.

I have had numerous ex and current employee's about these rifles and the regular brand.

The trash can guns where scratch and dents. Any part that had a ding, dent, dropped, or was swept out from under the building bench ( exactly what everyone of them said) was assembled into a trash can gun. The furniture was at the time I was keeping track ding and dent or the cheapest used stuff they could buy in quantity.

cmslone
02-11-2010, 01:18

I have had numerous ex and current employee's about these rifles and the regular brand.

The trash can guns where scratch and dents. Any part that had a ding, dent, dropped, or was swept out from under the building bench ( exactly what everyone of them said) was assembled into a trash can gun. The furniture was at the time I was keeping track ding and dent or the cheapest used stuff they could buy in quantity.

Meh.....my latest carbine is flawless. Not a dent, ding or scratch on the entire rifle. The flash hider looked like it was sitting in a toolbox, but not in bad condition by any means.
Mine is a CMMG lower with keyhole upper. Proper M4 feedramps, properly staked carrier and F stamped/pinned fsb. M4 mil-spec stock and tube and a Tango Down grip with battery compartment.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend a bargain bin as long as the process went as well as mine did.

Frog1
02-11-2010, 06:12
My 18" bargin bin is not flawed at all. Tango down grip, Chrome lined 1-7 Gov profile,contract, chrome lined barrel. M-16 bolt carrier, mil spec buffer tube and components. CMMG upper and lower.

For the money, you don't any more upper tiered than this.

madecov
02-11-2010, 09:40
I've transferred a few of these and only one seemed to have issues
It seemed to have a commercial stock tube with Mil spec stock. No amount of work could get that stock to move :rofl:

I have no idea why it was hammered on. Otherwise they seemed to be functional rifles

kabob983
02-11-2010, 10:32
Black

We'll continue this over PM to keep the thread unclogged.

It wouldn't be a bad range/plinker but for a SHTF/class gun I'd get something a little nicer.

remember911
02-11-2010, 13:48

YESS YESS did not know they where still doing this. That some funny sh----t

lawman800
02-14-2010, 09:33
I envy all you free-staters.

Mattog22
02-26-2010, 08:45
What kind of groups are you guys getting with these rifles?

mrwilmoth
04-20-2010, 15:19
cant beat those for the price!

stopatrain
04-21-2010, 05:56
Good deal for sure!