Colt 6940 problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6940 problem

Mayhem like Me
02-10-2010, 19:45
Hmmm my dealer had 2 6940s in today I asked to look at one and etyh M4 feedramps were screwed up...
They had a jagged edge at the top where the normal perfect squared cut is for the bolt to lock up?? So I showed the counter dude he pulls it and we examine number 2 guess what?? same problem he pulled both.. WTF is up with colt letting these things out of the factory I wish I had a camera but neither one of us had seen this before??

NeverMore1701
02-10-2010, 20:05
But Colts are teh best evar!

*looks at pot, deems it properly stirred, hides*

:supergrin:

Three-Five-Seven
02-11-2010, 07:21
It doesn't say anything about this problem in the chart so you must be mistaken.

Spiffums
02-11-2010, 07:42
Look if looks and things like fit and finish are that important to you, just go buy a pretty rifle like a RRA or a bushmaster.

But don't come crying to me when your sub Tier 1 gun fails and someone plugs your ass and you end up dead.

Yeah I don't buy the fit and finish don't matter line either. My AR might look like it was slung down the drive way but at least I didn't buy it looking that way.

JBnTX
02-11-2010, 07:46
There's nothing wrong with those feedramps.
It might not look "pretty" to you, but it will function and fire just fine.

Find a better reason to bash Colt.
That one's lame.

:tongueout:

Daekwan
02-11-2010, 09:06
1. #1 rule of the internet.. Pics or it never happened.
2. Is it possible someone tampered with the rifles? Not the first time someone has taken parts off a brand new Colt.
3. If 'Colt is really letting things like this happen' how come none of the 100's of 6940 owners, like myself, who actually bought and shoot the rifle have complained about it?

The ramps are perfectly fine on mine.

kabob983
02-11-2010, 10:20
2. Is it possible someone tampered with the rifles? Not the first time someone has taken parts off a brand new Colt.
3. If 'Colt is really letting things like this happen' how come none of the 100's of 6940 owners, like myself, who actually bought and shoot the rifle have complained about it?

Don't butter up the truth you liar...Colt Sux!! :tongueout:

*edit* what I'm really trying ot say is forget Colt, Oly is probably prettier.

crazymoose
02-11-2010, 11:49
Even Colt screws up sometimes. However, Colt has never been concerned about "fit and finish" on their rifles, so this might not even prove to be a functional problem.

JBnTX
02-11-2010, 12:09
Don't butter up the truth you liar...Colt Sux!! :tongueout:

*edit* what I'm really trying to say is forget Colt, Oly is probably prettier.

Whatcha got going on there?
Pass me some of it?

:whistling:

kabob983
02-11-2010, 13:50
Sorry, all out :shocked:

wingsprint
02-11-2010, 13:59
It doesn't say anything about this problem in the chart so you must be mistaken.

:rofl:::rofl::laughabove::laughabove::laughabove:

Mayhem like Me
02-11-2010, 14:38
There's nothing wrong with those feedramps.
It might not look "pretty" to you, but it will function and fire just fine.

Find a better reason to bash Colt.
That one's lame.

:tongueout:

Not a cosmetic issue , they won't function at all the round caught in the one we tried.

Mayhem like Me
02-11-2010, 14:41

Don't know but I'm a colt armorer have been for 15 years when we called the factory they wanted them back pronto and have had a few "issues" they won't go into..

You ramps may be perfect, these are not servicable.

there are thousands of 6940 owners and I own three colts so I'm not bashing your grail.

Daekwan
02-11-2010, 15:37
Don't know but I'm a colt armorer have been for 15 years when we called the factory they wanted them back pronto and have had a few "issues" they won't go into..

You ramps may be perfect, these are not servicable.

there are thousands of 6940 owners and I own three colts so I'm not bashing your grail.

You certainly didnt come off that way in your original post. Just sayin..

Morris
02-17-2010, 13:29
Give a call to Elmore. I'd be curious to see what he says on them. I missed my armorer's course with him this year so I couldn't pick his brain on the newest models.