Freakshow10mm/Manufacturing "shutting it's doors". [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Freakshow10mm/Manufacturing "shutting it's doors".

Waterfowler
02-10-2010, 23:58
http://www.nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=8375

The OP's order was loaded yesterday. He has been issued tracking number via email for the FedEx shipment of his order as of last night when I ran the label. It's sitting out front awaiting a FedEx pickup scheduled for today. I apologize for the delay. It took longer to get the components than I thought and even longer to get it loaded. My suppliers quoted me a lead time for components which I passed on to my customers. In hindsight, I should have never taken back orders in the first place as it is now ruining me for good.

Those that have paid for .223 orders will get them. I think there's a couple here that actually paid so far. It's taking longer than I had anticipated, due to equipment issues and workload. Looked good on paper but everything fell apart very quickly and it's overwhelming to say the least trying to get back on track. To the gentleman that tried to call and pay for his 3 cases, I apologize I wasn't available. I think the best thing to do is just cancel the unpaid order and part ways. I sincerely apologize for wasting your time.

It seems this ammunition brand will never make it. In light of that I've decided to discontinue it. All paid ammunition orders will be filled as soon as possible. Once that is taken care of the doors will most likely be shut. The only possible way for me to continue is to perform a completely new business model, which I doubt will be successful anyway due to severe lack of capital. I started this business to get myself out of debt and the only thing it has done is sunk me deeper and deeper into it. If I was single it wouldn't matter, but with a wife and 3yo son, it's a different ball game. So, this isn't working out and I will finish my end of the deals and then call it quits. Become a working stiff like everyone else and try to make it happen for my son.

Take care everyone and thanks for your hospitality while I was here. This is a great forum and has a lot more potential to be better.

Sincerely,

Adam

That sucks. Another 10mm vendor bites the dust. The guy had the best value for performance 10mm out there. It's a shame he couldn't just concentrate on the low volume/high profit 10mm/380 auto orders instead of trying his hand at the high volume/low profit .223/9mm stuff.

I already disputed my two 10mm orders. If you got orders with FS you might want to get on the ball with requesting merchandise/refunds. At least I found out something about my credit cards customer service with all this. I placed one order with my Chase card and another one a week later with my Cabela's Visa. Chase issued my refund immediately and resolved the dispute in my favor 4 days later. It's been 2 weeks and my dispute is still in limbo with Cabela's Visa. Surprising since Cabela's Visa is supposed to be one of the best credit cards out there.

agtman
02-11-2010, 05:31
Too bad this happened for F.S.10mm M. - but thanks for the heads-up by posting this.

packingvol
02-11-2010, 11:21
I already disputed my two 10mm orders. If you got orders with FS you might want to get on the ball with requesting merchandise/refunds.

I'll say this... unless you are having a seriously hard time working with the merchant, it is always better to get a refund issued by the seller then to go through the dispute process with the credit card company. This really should only be utilized as a last resort, as it has implications beyond you just getting your money back. "Chargebacks" as they are called will often scar a merchants credit rating and can ultimately result in them having their credit card processing service canceled, or high 'reserves' held, or even their ability to get credit card processing in the future (if they were to open another business down the road).

Waterfowler
02-11-2010, 12:44
I'll say this... unless you are having a seriously hard time working with the merchant, it is always better to get a refund issued by the seller then to go through the dispute process with the credit card company. This really should only be utilized as a last resort, as it has implications beyond you just getting your money back. "Chargebacks" as they are called will often scar a merchants credit rating and can ultimately result in them having their credit card processing service canceled, or high 'reserves' held, or even their ability to get credit card processing in the future (if they were to open another business down the road).

My conscious is totally clear in filing disputes with this merchant. I contacted him a couple of times after I placed my order was told he was waiting on brass from Starline(checked the Starline website and it says the wait time for 10mm brass is around 3 weeks), after that he stopped answering calls and actually disabled his PMs on Calguns and the email link on his website. I left posts on the message board he frequents and those were ignored too. It had been nearly 3 months so I wasn't going to wait until I lost the option of filing a dispute. I even left a post telling him that the chargeback/dispute would be dropped and the funds reinstated, if he contacted me with a tracking number. That was completely ignored.

Here is a group buy thread you may find interesting. Start on page 17, everything before that is just the group buy details.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=252025&page=17

BKG-22
02-11-2010, 15:05
My wife has a small side business that accepts credit cards. Over the 4+ years she has had the business, she got her first charge back this past fall. As a merchant, what a hassel. We remembered the customer well. My wife and I were in full agreement that he was a total jerk and his request for refund was completely against our published and posted policy under his circumstances. If he would have been honest about it, we would have bent the rules for him But he misrepresented the situation (lied) and then proceeded to make a scene with an adult temper tantrum. We declined his request for refund and eventually, he went through his cc company to prove a point.

We called our card processor and she told us that charge backs are ineveitable for every merchant. Unless the percentage of charge backs exceeds 4% of our total transaction volume, it would not hurt our status or incurr any additional transaction fees.

We also had opportunity to dispute the charge back and after explaining the situation to the bank rep, she actually encouraged us to do so. But with the advent of the internet, my wifes business is referenced in a couple of popular blogs, and rated (quite well, I might add) on a couple of web sites, we felt it would best in the long run to just eat the fee's and pay the bank what was charged to original purchaser. :steamed: It was a really really tough call for us as my wife's business is very small and seasonal.

Anyway - long story to say that a single charge back is unlikely to affect the merchant's charge card rates. I am sure this may vary from institution to intitution.

527varmint
02-11-2010, 16:58
that sucks. I'll have to roll my own.

LoadedTech
02-11-2010, 20:07
Guess his butt was too big for his britches

Drundel
02-11-2010, 21:26
Damn, I found his website a few months back and was gonna order some 10mm once hunting season was over.

Taterhead
02-13-2010, 12:47
That is too bad. This type of thing happens all too often with new businesses. I am a CPA and I've managed and helped grow several small businesses, in the financial and manufacturing sectors, over the years. I've seen how difficult it is to manage all of the factors that have nothing to do with the underlying product/service. The one lesson that I've learned is that it is not enough to have a good product. That is only a small fraction of what is needed to build a successful business.

The hard part is learning to leverage a good product or idea into positive cash flow and profit. Ironically, one of the biggest drags on small businesses is too much growth in demand for one's product. Hard to explain, but a common killer growing businesses.